We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patras to Athens

Amstelveen, The...
6 posts
Save Topic
Patras to Athens

Hi,

I am reaching Patras from Greece via Ferry on 5th Jan 22:30 hours.

I have my flight from Athens airport on 7th January at 20 hours.

Can anyone suggest me, how i can travel from Patras to Athens and what can I see in Athens.

I dont want the 2 days in Athens to be very busy.

Mentioned in this post
Patras
Patras
Achaea Region, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5,137 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Patras to Athens

hi and welcome..the only way through public transport is via the inercity bus named KTEL...i am not sure how far the KTEL bus station is from the port and how you will get there ,hoping someone else can help with that..the bus will leave you at kifissos bus station , in athens..since you will arrive late at night catch a taxi from kifissos station to your hotel in athens..for things to do in athens the options are so many..if you can be more specific about what you want to do we can help you more..

take a look at these threads,and since you want it to be relaxed,give yourself much time and don't cram in too many activities

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189400-i194-k47…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189400-i194-k5999…

Edited: 22 December 2013, 23:57
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5,137 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Patras to Athens

forget my Ιast post..i did a quick check at the bus schedules from patras to athens..

www.ktelachaias.gr/…

assuming the site is up to date you won't make the last bus,there is only one at 22.00 on sundays ,so it seems like an overnight in patras is the only way..maybe look for a nice hotel near the port and the next morning you can head to athens with the whole day in front of you..

Edited: 23 December 2013, 00:03
3. Re: Patras to Athens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2014, 05:16