We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help-What happened to Christina Manolis tavern in Hydra??

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
500 reviews
Save Topic
Help-What happened to Christina Manolis tavern in Hydra??

A few years ago we went to the BEST, most authentic taverna ever. Christina was the cook.

I believe her husband worked there.

It was the kind with limited dishes that were special that day and you can see them out by the kitchen.

There was a roof terrace for dining. It was sort of up the hill a bit nearby Bratsera.

I sent so many people there through the years. They all loved it. (Best fava, best stuffed veggies, best everything. We still remember it)

I tried to recommend it just now and can't find it listed. Has it moved and is it now Christina's tavern??

We've always planned to return.

Thanks.

2 replies to this topic
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
8,123 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help-What happened to Christina Manolis tavern in Hydra??

There's a Christina Taverna in the Kamini Bay area but I don't know if it's the same people. If you check FourSquare you'll find some pics and a review from this past August.

Amherst...
Level Contributor
264 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help-What happened to Christina Manolis tavern in Hydra??

I found information about the one you're looking for on www.gastronomos.gr. It's telephone number is 22980-53615. You may want to try calling it. If you're outside Greece add 011-30 and you should be able to get through. Here's the link:

gastronomos.gr/gr/…B1

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Reply to: Help-What happened to Christina Manolis tavern in Hydra??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saronic Gulf Islands