We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beaches in Agistri?

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
166 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Best beaches in Agistri?

We're a family of 5 staying for 2 weeks in Agistri this August - can anyone suggest some good beaches to visit? We like swimming and snorkelling as well as just sunbathing and so would be just as happy at rocky coves as at wide sandy beaches. Many thanks.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beaches in Agistri?

Hiya and welcome to the forums!

This forum is lucky to have THE expert of Agkistri. I'll give them a nudge, just in case they miss this post and I'm sure that you will have your reply soon.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
377 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beaches in Agistri?

HI there

Not sure where you are staying but there is a lovely tiny beach at skilri with a cove it is great for swimming and snorkelling too.

Further along there is skala which is a lot bigger but maybe not as quite.but lovely too and great for families as very shallow.

We usually hire a push bike and call in at Dragonara beach which is also very good too.

Apponosis is also worth a visit too and a great place to chill with a lovely fish restaurant too.

We love Agistri .I am sure you will have a lovely time :-)

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
166 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beaches in Agistri?

Many thanks for the replies - we'll be sure to check out those beaches. We're staying in Skala btw.

Oh, and can you remember how / where to hire bicycles, and how much they cost? I'd love to get one each for our whole family for 2 weeks if it's not too expensive. Many thanks.

Edited: 06 March 2010, 16:44
Mentioned in this post
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
united kingdom
Level Contributor
377 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beaches in Agistri?

There were 2 places both in skala one was called Kosta's not expensive at all and if you are there for 2 weeks should get cheaper.

It is a lovely ride from skala right through to Apponosis.The ride through Limeneria is really nice too and a lovely little family run taverna.If you stop off at Limeneria there is a beautiful cove and a platform it is stunning and well worth a treck down.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
377 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beaches in Agistri?

It is called Mariza.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beaches in Agistri?

See? Straight from the expert! :-)

Just one note, the name of the beach is Aponissos, not Aponossis.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
377 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best beaches in Agistri?

Thanks Thalia :-)

Want to go back there now ;-)

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best beaches in Agistri?

I wish I could help with that!

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
166 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best beaches in Agistri?

Many thanks again - I can't wait to go!

10. Re: Best beaches in Agistri?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Saronic Gulf Islands