We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Hydra on May 1st 2014

Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Hydra on May 1st 2014

Hi. Me and my wife will be in Athens from 29/05/14 until 03/05/2014 and since May 1st is a national holiday and everything is closed, we are thinking about doing a day trip to Hydra. Can someone tell me whether it's worth going to Hydra on May 1st? What will and what won't be open that day?

Thanks

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,088 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Hydra on May 1st 2014

Hi,

It is but check the transport situation beforehand. A visit to the nearer Aegina will probably be a lot easier.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Hydra on May 1st 2014

Everything will be open in Hydra, as in every touristic destination. Shops, restaurants and taverns will be open, as It s holiday, and they expect tourists from Athens. Let alone the fact that Easter is 2 weeks before and then is when officially the season begins. Don't worry. There will be around 3-4 boats per day, if not more. But book your ticket to go, ahead....

3. Re: Day trip to Hydra on May 1st 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 06:19