We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poros in October.

Which Poros hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
oxford
7 posts
Save Topic
Poros in October.

Hi Everyone,

Still would like info re Poros in October.

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poros in October.

As you may already know, Hellenic Seaways are the only company to operate sailings to Poros.

Their schedules for October have not yet been published for the cats and dolphins but keep checking their website for details.

The schedules for the ships via Aegina and Methana do not come out until the Wednesday prior to the date you intend to go. You'll again get details on their website.

www.hellenicseaways.gr/index.asp?a_id=216

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Poros in October.

As for the weather. This is a good weather site where you can look up the weather history for the days you are going for the previous 10 years or so. This should give a good indication of what it's going to be like.

www.weatheronline.co.uk/Greece/Athens.htm

The nearest town appears to be Athens but this should be the same as Poros.

Ignore Poros in the drop down bar as that refers to the town in Kefalonia.

oxford
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Poros in October.

Thank you for that info, very much appreciated.

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Poros in October.

You're welcome.

I've been to Poros in 2007 and 2008. I stayed at the Seven Brothers Hotel right across from the Flying Cat and Dolphins berth. I think it's a superb place to stay, where you can see everything going on from your balcony.

Incidently, my favourite taverna is Vassilli's opposite Neorion beach where the customers are nearly all Greek.

Enjoy your holiday.

oxford
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Poros in October.

Hello again,

My wife and I have had four holidays in Poros, plus a visit when we were staying in Athens in 2008. On our first visit,in'99, we stayed at the Saga Studios and in 2000,2002 at the Kalimera Studios (excellent). In 2007 we stayed at the Pavlou Hotel, which is at Nerion.

We found The Poros Taverna and Dimiti's (well worth the climb from the harbour area) to be excellent tavernas. Honoury mentions too for the Posiedon (by the water's edge) and the Platanos (again, up in the old town).

If my trip in October comes off I'm thinking of revisiting the Saga Studios. Takis, the owner of the Saga, is a bit of a character but in a thoroughly nice way. It would appear that everything you eat comes from Takis's farm, just outside Galatas. I believe he still makes his own wine but, if my memory serves me, it is (shall we say) an acquired taste!

Once again, thanks for all the info. Best wishes.

oxford
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Poros in October.

Hello again,

My wife and I have had four holidays in Poros, plus a visit when we were staying in Athens in 2008. On our first visit,in'99, we stayed at the Saga Studios and in 2000,2002 at the Kalimera Studios (excellent). In 2007 we stayed at the Pavlou Hotel, which is at Nerion.

We found The Poros Taverna and Dimiti's (well worth the climb from the harbour area) to be excellent tavernas. Honoury mentions too for the Posiedon (by the water's edge) and the Platanos (again, up in the old town).

If my trip in October comes off I'm thinking of revisiting the Saga Studios. Takis, the owner of the Saga, is a bit of a character but in a thoroughly nice way. It would appear that everything you eat comes from Takis's farm, just outside Galatas. I believe he still makes his own wine but, if my memory serves me, it is (shall we say) an acquired taste!

Once again, thanks for all the info. Best wishes.

7. Re: Poros in October.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2009, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Poros