We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September in Poros - still open? Good hotel?

Which Poros hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
76 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
September in Poros - still open? Good hotel?

I've been to Poros several times and love it. But I've never been in September. Am thinking of going there the first week of Sept. Will tavernas and shops still be open?

Also, can anyone recommend a really good hotel? Want to surprise my husband for his birthday.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: September in Poros - still open? Good hotel?

You should be ok. Things don't shut down until the end of the month. I can recommend Saga as a good hotel.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September in Poros - still open? Good hotel?

I can also recommend the Saga in Poros as a good hotel. We enjoyed our stay and the hospitality/helpfulness of the owners.

Karen

Winchester, Hants
Level Contributor
3 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September in Poros - still open? Good hotel?

The New Aegli is excellent. Run by Mr Manessi. Lovely position, right near the beach. A little way out of town but not too far, and with its own collection of restaurants nearby. Closer also to the monastery (there is a bus) and to the picturesque walk/drive up the mountain where stands the ruins of the Temple of Poseidon and an incomparable view over the Saronic Gulf. Get a room on the third floor for the views.

Edited: 13 April 2014, 00:20
Winchester, Hants
Level Contributor
3 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: September in Poros - still open? Good hotel?

The New Aegli is excellent. Run by Mr Manessi. Lovely position, right near the beach. A little way out of town but not too far, and with its own collection of restaurants nearby. Closer also to the monastery (there is a bus) and to the picturesque walk/drive up the mountain where stands the ruins of the Temple of Poseidon and an incomparable view over the Saronic Gulf. Get a room on the third floor for the views.

Edited: 13 April 2014, 00:23
5. Re: September in Poros - still open? Good hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Poros