We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I make a Day trip from Poros to the Acropolis in Athens?

nagoya
Level Contributor
3 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Can I make a Day trip from Poros to the Acropolis in Athens?

Hi, my question comes in three parts.

1. I am staying at a hotel in Poros in late July. Is it possible to use either the ferry or flying dolphin/flying cat to make a day trip to the Acropolis in Athens? How easy is it to book tickets in advance?

2. If so, is it also possible to stay quite late and see the Acropolis when it is lit up at about 7-8pm. I would really like to see at dusk, but not if it means I wont get back to my hotel.

3. If I go to Athens and somehow do end up missing the last boat back to Poros, what are my options? I heard there is a 24 hour crossing from Galatas town to Poros, but how long does it take to get from Athens to Galatas, how easy is it to get transport, and how much does it cost? Is it wiser just to find a hotel and take the boat the next day?

thanks in advance for any help

Ishoej, Denmark
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I make a Day trip from Poros to the Acropolis in Athens?

Hallo

Yes its easy for you ! There is flying dolphins/cats from 8 o`clock in the morning (see Hellenic seaways.com)

If you miss the last one, go to booking.com and rent a room for one night, thats cheaper than trying to get back to poros, and then catch the first boat in the morning

2. Re: Can I make a Day trip from Poros to the Acropolis in Athens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Poros
Recent Conversations