We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So quiet here

scotland
Level Contributor
4,095 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
So quiet here

and not many new reviews...I love this Island..have been three times..hope to get back next year.

No ferry now...will miss that

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So quiet here

Hello!

Spetses is a beautiful island, with wonderful beaches BUT it is very expensive!

I also found many of the restaurant/bar/hotel owners to be very rude, like they are doing you a favour to let you in their premises.

I find it a good thing if people stopped going there, as this will be the best way to make them drop the attitude and the prices!

scotland
Level Contributor
4,095 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So quiet here

Sorry to hear this. We had 3 wonderful holidays there in the past.

and it used to be cheap.

Thanks for the reply though :)

Nephelokkokygia
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: So quiet here

The subject line unfortunately no longer applies to Spetses.

I too have in past years enjoyed holidays here, but Spetses no longer qualifies as a quiet island: now the noise from cars and especially motorbikes has reached horrible levels. And people are complaining that they don't feel safe walking the road along the sea because of all the traffic. I don't know if the laws limiting vehicles on Spetses have changed or if they're just being ignored now, but Spetses is no longer a place to get away from the horrible noise and traffic of Athens. Try Idhra instead.

merseyside
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: So quiet here

Hiya

Going back to spetses after 25 years. Is it still lovely island and friendly. lookig forward to going back. Will be going back with my daughter of 13 years old and my aunty do you thing we will still enjoy it.

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So quiet here

Hi there!

There are two things that you need to be prepared for:

1. To spend a LOT!!!

2. To face locals that aren't very friendly or hospitable (although they will be very happy to take your monay)

Spetses is still very beautiful, with great architecture and beaches but the fact that it is a destination of the wanne-bes makes it overpriced and its residents are not so patient with visitors.

glasgow
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: So quiet here

Sorry, can't agree that Spetses is overpriced and unhospitable, although everybody has their own experience to go by. I find it enchanting and you will be hard pushed to find this experience of holiday anywhere. It might be a little more expensive but well worth it. Having said that, you can eat out in certain places just as cheap as any other holiday destination, certainly the Old Harbour is undoubtably expensive although the setting is wonderful. We have been visiting Spetses for years and also go other holidays but none can compare to this wonderful greek island.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: So quiet here

I've been to Spetses a couple of times, some time ago now. It was OK but we found it quite expensive, so we've never been back.

London
Level Contributor
119 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: So quiet here

Can anybody advise the quickest way to get to Spetses pls? Im planning to go there in August. We fly in from LHR.

Thanks

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: So quiet here

Just get on one of the many highspeed ferries/catamarans/flying dolphins,there are a gazillion leaving each day.

London
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: So quiet here

Try eating at Hatzis restaurant in the old harbour, it is reasonably priced with generous portions. The waiters were polite and accomodating although I do agree that in a lot of places you feel like you are a criminal unless you spend a fortune....

Get answers to your questions about Spetses