We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels on level ground

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
hotels on level ground

Visited Alonissos for the day in June, loved it , Patitiri, Steni Vala and particularly Lefto Gialos[from the sea]. We are too old to climb up to most of the hotels in Patitiri, are there any good B&B's that are on the flat

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels on level ground

Hey and welcome brenda68:-) I, too, have taken many day trips to this fabulous isle from Skopelos..but never stayed or based myself;-) Am sure there are more 'level' properties further out by the beach areas..say around Aghios Dimitrios..Have you checked out www.alonissos.gr/ The accommodation listing may help?;-) Best..and EnjoY!

UK
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels on level ground

I am going in September, if I can I will find out the names of some accommodation which may suit. I take it a studio would be OK too?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels on level ground

Thank you Glosgirl that would be great. I even found it hard when I was there for the day whether or not it is a good idea to stay out at a beach or take a boat out each day from Patitiri. We love quiet but not isolation.

UK
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels on level ground

Will do my best Brenda!!!!!

Ireland
Level Contributor
218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels on level ground

We are just back from the Sporades, we spent 3 weeks and I know exactly what you mean by hotels on flat ground !!!!!!. We went to Alonnosis by ferry from Skopelos, we did not have accommodation booked so we were free to choose an hotel at sea level - not half way up a cliff as so many are in these islands.We stayed in the Alkyon Hotel in Patiri - 40 euro per night for a double room with balcony, sea view and air conditioning. This was perfect for us as we were right in the very centre, just in front of the harbour, beside the bus stop and the taxi rank. It is a quiet season and on the 3 islands there is plenty of accommodation available. We had booked 10 nights from home, before we left but these were all much more expensive and up very steep climbs, so it was much better to book when we arrived. Take the bus or a taxi up to the old town in the evening and have dinner there, you can take the bus or taxi down - it is wonderful - views, sunset ,craft shops etc. When there, I looked at several hotels up on the cliff- they were double the price and quite honestly, the rooms in the ALKYON were just as good as they were brighter and larger than say the Paradise Hotel and so convenient for everything.It is not plush,but it is fine. I do not have a telephone number

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels on level ground

Welcome back IrelandAnna:-) Would highly recc writing up a review for the Alkyon Hotel so folks can refer to it in the future;-) Sounds ideal for the OP! Trust you had a fabulous vacation in the Sporades..and totally enjoyed!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels on level ground

I Googled ‘Alkyon Hotel, Patitiri, Alonyssos’: lots of sites came up immediately, though the first one was for a hotel in Parikia.

One of the sites had a whole string of telephone nos.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels on level ground

Oh, PS - I spelled Alonissos properly for Google, which may have helped - got it wrong on this thread!

Ireland
Level Contributor
218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotels on level ground

Hi Litsa, thank you for all your advice when planning our trip to the Sporades. Everything went well. Alkyon Travel bus and ferry package was ideal, efficient and as you said - the way to go. We stayed on the 3 islands, Skiathos, Skopelos and Alonnosis. When we arrived in Alonnosis, my husband looked after the luggage and I went looking along the front for accommodation. There are two hotels, more or less side by side and of course, I went into both, The first one was about 30 euro per room per night, sea view, balcony, air con but access to it was around the corner, up a side street and then up steps and that was exactly what I wanted to avoid. The Alkyon Hotel is just next door. They have a lift, we had our choice of rooms on the 1st or 2nd floors. We did not include breakfast but I imagine you could include it as the hotel serves food and there are several cafes all around. I had my own travel electric kettle so we could make coffee in the room and buy croissants in the local bakery. We said we would stay for one night only but then we found it so central and comfortable we stayed for 4 nights. Rooms were cleaned every day, new towels every day and sheets were changed during our stay. The balcony was wonderful,providing a birds eye view of all the yachts arriving into the harbour. The ferry also leaves from here. The bus stop is beside the hotel and you can go up to the Kastro or old town on the bus, also to the beaches. I would recommend staying in Patitiri rather than elsewhere. This was actually one of our most pleasant and relaxing stays. I didnt book in advance and we found there was plenty of availability on all 3 islands, even in July. I hope this will be of use to someone.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotels on level ground

IrelandAnna..Always does my heart good to hear such great feedback;-) A couple of years ago when some friends joined me in Skopelos where I base, I brought them over to Alonissos for the day..long story short, they ended up staying up in the Chora for a night;-) Nothing like having the flex/freedom to move about at will;-) So glad it worked out so well...enjoyin'!

Get answers to your questions about Alonnisos