We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Kanapitsa or Kanapitsa Mare

mrfantastico
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cape Kanapitsa or Kanapitsa Mare

Could someone please explain the main differences between the the two hotels? Are they located in the same area? Any difference in views or quality of the rooms or service?

Any feedback on either the Cape Kanapitsa or Kanapitsa Mare would be greatly appreciated. We are looking to go at the very end of June and spend a few days in early July as well.

London, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Kanapitsa or Kanapitsa Mare

Cape Kanapitsa.

Why? They are similar standard and close togther but Cape Kanapitsa has a better location (and a lot less steps). Try to get a deluxe room if you can - the standard rooms are a bit small. Have a look down the forum for previous posts on this hotel.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,587 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Kanapitsa or Kanapitsa Mare

The Kanapitsa Mare is a fairly new hotel set well back from Nostos beach I should imagine the views from the rooms will be great. The approach is very steep.

The Cape Kanapitsa is an older building which has benefitted from a refurb and is on a headland (steepish approach but not too bad) overlooking Nostos beach.

Both hotels get very good reviews personally I would go for the Cape Kanapitsa.

London, UK
Level Contributor
580 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Kanapitsa or Kanapitsa Mare

We stayed at Cape Kanapitsa (I reviewed very favourably) and we noted at the time that it had a better location than the Kanapitsa Mare and set amongst more greenery. They are different types of accomodation - the Mare is more of a hotel.

Southampton
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Kanapitsa or Kanapitsa Mare

Stayed at Cape Kanapitsa summer before last, possibly the best place I have stayed due to the room provided, and also the views.

I went with my partner, my parents, my brother and his partner. Bit dubious about sharing an apartment with them due to not being able to flush toilet paper obviously six people sharing sounded awful!

But I shouldn't have worried, our massive three bed aparment had three bathrooms, one en suite and two next to each other near the other two bedrooms. Fridge was stocked with wine, nibbles, essentials etc.

The view from the pool area was stunning, we saw dolphins on a couple of occasions which took my breathe away.

I would go back in a hearbeat.

5. Re: Cape Kanapitsa or Kanapitsa Mare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 09:19
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos