We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Filia Apartments, Troulos versus Villa Apollon, Achladies

Royston, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Filia Apartments, Troulos versus Villa Apollon, Achladies

Hi there

With the help of some great feedback on this forum I have decided to book to go to Skiathos next month. We have narrowed it down to 2 places to stay - Filia Apartments in Troulos or the Villa Apollon in Achladies.

They both have really good reviews on this site so was just wondering if anyone could help us decide which might be better for us.

The Filia Apartments package works out at just under £700 for us both. Buying flights and booking direct with Villa Apollon works out at around £950 but this does also include breakfast.... I can't seem to decide between the two - I guess the price of Filia is really appealing but think Villa Apollon looks slightly better - I may be wrong?

Also, pics on the Villa Apollon website shows double beds but Filia Apts reviews seem to indicate single beds, as a couple we would much prefer a double bed :)

If anyone has any experience of these apartments or thoughts on which accommodation/area of Skiathos might be better please let me know. We are a couple in our late 20's/early 30's looking for a holiday with nice beaches, good restaurants and nice tavernas to spend the evenings in.

Thanks

Lea

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Filia Apartments, Troulos versus Villa Apollon, Achladies

just returned from the filia appartments in troulos,, in my opinion a great base to stay,, for starters we stayed in achailades two yrs ago not at the apolon but at esperides,, we went to view the appolon as recommended by friends which looked nice and great views but ended up booking for this yr at filia and so glad we did,, achailaides has not much in restauraunts in surrounding area wheras troulos has many,,, its also near to fab beaches and still near enough to get buses and taxis to town. each night we had plenty to do in troulos and the filia appartments are basic yes but very clean and gorgeous pool area and you can get lovely breakfast,, evening meals/snacks, filia , christos are very accomodating and a very friendly family,, they offer their minibus to town each evening and to local beaches saving you on waiting for buses and taxis. the views from appartments are amazing and are in a lovely position away from noise,,, we met lovely people and came away with many new friends. yes the appolon may be a star above overall i am glad we went with the filia,,, there are a few bars in imediate vicinity so you don't have to venture far for sky tv etc. Christos (son) of filia(mum) really makes your holiday special,,, takes you to see sunset, and anywhere you want really and to me that is that special touch. See for yourself,, we are booking for next year and so is everyoone else we met so i think that speaks for itself,,, whatever you decide you will enjoy,,,anything else you need to know just ask...carol

Edited: 14 August 2011, 23:55
Royston, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Filia Apartments, Troulos versus Villa Apollon, Achladies

thanks for your reply. Can you let me know what the rooms are like, do they have single beds? My other half is not happy at the thought of that! Thanks, Leanne

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
753 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Filia Apartments, Troulos versus Villa Apollon, Achladies

Go for the Filia in Troulos, not much at Achladies. Troulos has a great beach and lots of good Tavernas & you can always catch a bus to town if you want a change!

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Filia Apartments, Troulos versus Villa Apollon, Achladies

Can't comment on Apollon as we have only been for the first time this year to filia but can recommend it. Our room had single beds but don't worry just push them together lol. The rooms are very nice basic as is in Greece but kept very clean ( I'm getting a bit worried keep recommending Filia as it may be full when I come to book for next year) Lyn

Edited: 15 August 2011, 21:27
Royston, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Filia Apartments, Troulos versus Villa Apollon, Achladies

Thanks for all your replies. We went to book the Filia just now and the price has jumped up from £350 each to £488 each! Overnight!

So now the Filia Apartments are working out more expensive than the Villa Apollon.

Which one to go for now?!

Thanks

Lea

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Filia Apartments, Troulos versus Villa Apollon, Achladies

Strange that there is such a price difference overnight, I would be tempted to query this with the Fillia and ask if there has been a slip-up somewhere and would they consider honouring the lower price. One possible reason could be that they have different rates for their rooms and that the higher price may be for a superior room with a better outlook. I think it is worth checking with them.

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Filia Apartments, Troulos versus Villa Apollon, Achladies

Prices do vary,,, have you tried booking with thomas cook or direct with the filia and flights etc,,, like the other reviews said,,, the beds are single and can be pushed together but were very comfortable and we slept well,,,air conditioning was worth the cost too. Troulos has much more to offer than achailaides and it can cost all the travelling into town every night,,,christos at the filia will take you into town and back for a small cost in his minibus,,,you will have a long way to go to receive a more welcoming and genuine host/family... let us know how you decide,, carol

Royston, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Filia Apartments, Troulos versus Villa Apollon, Achladies

Hi I think I will try contacting them direct - does anyone have a contact email address for them?

Thanks for all your help, it is much appreciated!

Lea

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Filia Apartments, Troulos versus Villa Apollon, Achladies

Unfortunatley price do go up and down even by the hour, you just have to keep looking or take the bullet and go for it. At the moment I am watching the price to go to Lindos Gardens in Rhodes in October and it is very frustrating but thats the way it is.

Lyn

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
753 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Filia Apartments, Troulos versus Villa Apollon, Achladies

Carol & Lyn,the Filia sound great, shame they don't seem to have an apartment for 4- the price is just working out too expensive for next year!