We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Query - Skiathos Town Street Map ?

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Another Query - Skiathos Town Street Map ?

Is there any link that can be accessed showing a street map of Skiathos town? I know that Papadiamentis Street is the main thoroughfare but I am curious as to whether, after visiting say Taverna Selini, there is a way to access Megali Ammos beach other than going back down to the Harbour. Actually, on a previous visit, Antonis did show us a different way from the restaurant but again, poor memory, cannot recall if this led us to Bus Stop 4 where possibly, there is a path down to the beach??

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,806 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Query - Skiathos Town Street Map ?

Hi Pinkygirl8

I have posted this a number of times, here are all three maps ...

Click below to enter the interactive map of Skiathos Island

www.skymap.gr/?ElementId=36302&Category=0

Click below to enter the interactive map of Skiathos Ring Road

www.skymap.gr/?ElementId=37856&Category=0

Click below to enter the interactive map of Skiathos Town

www.skymap.gr/?ElementId=36157&Category=0

From Taverna Selini head up the hill to the top church, walk past the church, then the medical centre, amfiliki taverna, then down to the car park. Cemetery entrance is on the left, just to the right is the path that goes down to megali amos beach ...

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Query - Skiathos Town Street Map ?

Once again SL you have come to the rescue. I appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,595 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Query - Skiathos Town Street Map ?

Hi,

Just keep on going past the Selini, basically just keep the sea off to the left. It's a maze of old streets but basically that is it. You should hit a slightly wider road atop a cliff, sea to the left, which then leads eventually to bus stop #4, prior to that are a couple of paths to the left that will lead you past a couple of tavernas to Megali Ammos beach.

Those Skymaps show it pretty well.

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Query - Skiathos Town Street Map ?

Hi RH

Thanks as well for your input. Very much appreciated.

Only 18 weeks to go, happy anticipation - so nice to think of Skiathos during this cold winter.

Kelso
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another Query - Skiathos Town Street Map ?

When you arrive in Skiathos take a look around the baggage hall. There is a stand there with very good free maps showing the town on one side and the island on the other. Unfortunately, if you arrive at a particularly busy time the stand may be empty!

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another Query - Skiathos Town Street Map ?

Thanks for that tip TK - I would prefer to look at an actual map and so hope to be lucky when we arrive this time.

That said, the links to Sky maps from SL are very useful.

This Forum is excellent.

7. Re: Another Query - Skiathos Town Street Map ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2013, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos