We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in August!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
42 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
4 days in August!

Hi, my family and I are visiting the Sporades Islands in August. We would like to stay for 4 nights on Skiathos then move on to Skopelos. As our time is limited on Skiathos I would be grateful for any recommendations for where to stay and what to do. We have two boys, 13 and 11 who would like to try out some watersports, we love the beach/pool and we would like to do a little bit of exploring. Near town would also be good. I have been looking at the Angeliki Hotel but they will not take any bookings until March so need a back up plan if they are unavailable.

Many thanks!!

Durham
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days in August!

Hi, I think Angeliki would be a good choice. Basic but on a beach with water sports and close enough to walk into town.

The Oasis maybe an alternative choice, closer to the airport but I'm sure your boys would enjoy watching the planes come in to land.

Skiathos is a great place for a couple of boys to explore, I'd have loved it if my parents had taken me at that age.

The big difference for me between Skiathos and Skopelos is that Skiathos has more going on and has many many sandy beaches on a good reliable bus route whereas Skopelos is quiet and the beaches are almost all pebbly to rocky.

You might want to bear this in mind.

Good Luck, Gary.

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days in August!

Hi Lizedd

Am a bit mystified about you not being able to book with the Angeliki Beach Hotel because I know they are taking bookings at the moment. If you do book with them, what a wise choice, you will not be disappointed.

If you need any more help, please send me a private message.

Best Wishes

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
42 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days in August!

Thank you Gary and Pinkygirl for your help.

lizedd

4. Re: 4 days in August!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2013, 10:35
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos
Recent Conversations