We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer or taxi

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport Transfer or taxi

Hi guys

I'm looking at booking our first trip to Skiathos (cannot wait). I have a choice of a flight that lands there on a Friday or Tuesday.

Is it best to book a transfer through the holiday company or just get a cab at the airport to Kanapitsa?

thanks for any help

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,863 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfer or taxi

I'm not sure how much a taxi will cost - but how much is the transfer booked with the tour operator?

If you let us know how much that is, people can tell you how much a taxi will be, then you can consider if any difference in price is worth paying for the speed and convenience of taking a taxi.

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfer or taxi

thanks Prettypollycat

I've been quoted £50 return for the two of us.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
746 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfer or taxi

Get your own taxi, it will be cheaper and easier and you'll get to your accomodation in no time!

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,863 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfer or taxi

£50 is over 60 euro (30 euro per journey) so I'd take a taxi to avoid waiting around for other passengers to turn up for the coach transfer, it will also be more comfortable.

Kanapitsa is only at bus stop 12 so not that far.

wigan
Level Contributor
809 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfer or taxi

We are in the "taxi" corner. Even if a transfer is included we like to be off to our hotel asap. When you,ve dumped your bags, thats when your hol starts proper. Never paid more than 12 euro to Troulos.

Kelso
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transfer or taxi

If you do decide to opt for a taxi, don't forget to let the rep know so that everyone on the transfer coach isn't held up waiting for you.

Bob

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Transfer or taxi

thanks for everyones help

taxi it is and Skiathos here I come!

Grays Thurrock...
Level Contributor
120 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Transfer or taxi

Deffo taxi.

We paid 23 euro one way this year to the other end of the Island & Troulos is only half way.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
261 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Transfer or taxi

We've opted to go by taxi to Koukounaries - any advice on sorting out the return transfer?

Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Transfer or taxi

Liz, just book a taxi for the return journey, your Hotel will be able to help or get a card from the driver of your taxi when you initially get dropped off. Best to book a few days before though, as if you go back on a Friday, the airport is very busy and demand for taxis are high.

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos
Recent Conversations