We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boat trips

england
Level Contributor
744 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
boat trips

hi Got to the Morfos apartments yesterday.Everything great just like reviews so far.Plainning on going into skiathos town friday to book boat trip (boat ive seen reviewed on this site begining with a p cant remember name sorry)Can i book boat trips in the day or do i need to go in an evening for this.Most people seem to say go after 6.30 but was hoping to go early and get back before it gets to hot.

weather lovely by the way hot but not unbearable,mozzie out in force from what people keep telling us..

Sally

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
753 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: boat trips

Hi Sally, we get there next Wednesday! Can't wait for the sun and fantastic food, you must try Ratatouile if you haven't already. We have been on the Calypso boat trip but there is one called Pesidon if that's how you spell it, you can book in the evenings but not sure about during the day, enjoy!!!

Manchester,
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boat trips

Have a great holiday Sally.

Let us know how you get on with the boat trip as that is something we want to do too (to Pelion hopefully).

What's your room like? 3 of us will be staying at the Morfos in 6 weeks (me and my sons 22 and 19) and hope the beds are ok. Do you have a 3rd bed in yr room - is it a camp bed? (this is probably where I'll end up sleeping as they are both much bigger than me LOL!)

england
Level Contributor
744 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: boat trips

room basic two beds plus full size camp bed.My sons 6ft 5 and 14 dad 6ft 10 but beds fine.bigest problem is space for sun creams hair spray and stuff and thats just for my son.very short on draw and work space had to keep creams and stuff in carrier bag in wardrobe .Not much of a Kitchen cant cook much more than pasta ,make brew and sandwich but lovely and clean very friendly.Were very near pool so got lovely spot with nice balcony.Will let you no how boat trip goes

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
753 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: boat trips

Sounds like a typical Greek apartment then, who wants to cook on holiday anyway! We are staying in the maisonettes for 4 so hoping it will be ok-just need a bed and shower and I'll be fine! Is there anything to hang wet swim stuff on balcony or do I need to pack something?

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: boat trips

In my opinion, the best boat trip is the around the Island is one which calls at various places including Lalaria and goes over to the Pelion, on the mainland for lunch. Fantastic day out. I think these trips run on two days each week, certainly Sundays but not sure of the other day.

You book on the harbour, just to the left of where the large Hellenic Ferries berth, opposite the Alpha Bank. Ian is there after 6.30pm to take bookings. By booking in advance, it is cheaper. As for wanting to go before early evening because of the heat, I think just the opposite is the case. It is marginally cooler from teatime onwards rather than earlier in the day.

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: boat trips

Another thought. There is a lot of infomation about boat trips and the postings about these can be read by going to the small search box at the top of this page and type in boat trips, or Calypso boat trips - if you scroll down there are some recent postings dated June 2012.

The seacrh box is a wonderful feature of the forum - so much information comes up.

wigan
Level Contributor
857 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: boat trips

Hi Sally. If you go on a boat trip before next wednesday post a review please. Or just tell us about it next wednesday!!!! Getting all giddy now.

Tim and Sue

england
Level Contributor
744 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: boat trips

Hi everyone especially AuntyDiddy and Tirumasu.Not anything to do with boat trip but thought id post here so you saw it.Had i loverly meal at Ratatoulle with a couple of carafes of wine did share honest.Now sat in sports bar.I know you have been to skiathos before because off the help you gave me before booking, but just wanted to say you're going to enjoy the morfos when you come next week.Will post about boat trip if get chance was planning to go early tomorrow to skiathos town to book trip but loverly meal plus wine might not make it up in the morning .might go in tomorow nighjt instead.

Sally

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
753 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: boat trips

Thanks Sally can't wait, just love the wine over there! Go into town early evening and have a wander and something to eat (and more wine) you'll love it!

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
703 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: boat trips

Highly recommend the Calypso boat. Go in the evening to book, with Ian, for the following day. As long as the weather is good you get to the Pelion for lunch. Great trip round the island stopping at Lalaria and Kastro and Tsourgria.

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos