We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

undecided, where to stay

Glossop, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
undecided, where to stay

Couple 52 - 55 require nice hotel, looked at:

Skiathos Palace, Mandraki Village, Kanapitsa Mare. staying B/B 1st week of July

like to walk out at night to try local Taverns.

Close to beach, walkable distance to bars eateries, not too noisy, occassional night into town.

best place for snorkling

Any recommendations please , area/hotels

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: undecided, where to stay

Very much depends on your budget & your requirements.

Out of season, I want 5 star, all singing & all dancing!

In Skaithos I want........ Well Skiathos!

We just laughed on our recent holiday to Agadir, saying "can you imagine if we had this accommodation in Skiathos" !! Laughing aside, It just wouldn't be Skaithos !!!!

Have you visited Skiathos before?

Troulos, Agaia Pareskevi & Kolios are central.

But then everywhere on Skiathos is accessible.

Where ever you choose will be close to a beach, that's why we all love this delightful island.

For me & mine, Theodora, Kolios. It wouldn't suit everyone.

Enjoy planning.

Tre

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: undecided, where to stay

I haven't stayed in any of the hotels you mention but I can give you a few tips as far as location goes.

Skiathos Palace is set overlooking Koukounaries (Kouk is the furthest point from Town on the bus route) I believe the views are fabulous but to get those views there are a large number of steps up to the hotel. Be sure to get an updated seaview room, see the reviews posted on TA. Beautiful beaches in close proximity and plenty tavernas.

Mandraki Village is close to the Palace but is on the flat just as you come in to Koukounaries by bus stop 23, it is a boutique hotel set in a really nice garden area with a pool, it has excellent reviews for its own restaurant.

Kanapitsa Mare is in the Tzaneria area bus stop 12 (also known as Nostos). Again good reviews for the hotel the approach up to reception from the road is quite steep, short but steep, the advantage is superb views from the seaview rooms. The snorkelling around this area is really good there is a diving/boat centre on the beach as well as a taverna. A bit of a horseshoe shape bay not as large as some other beaches, it's served by the water taxi and loses the sun around 5pm. There are only a few eateries close by with a small supermarket for any essentials. From here you can walk to Kanapitsa, Kolios and Vrom beaches.

I hope this helps.

Edited: 07 April 2013, 11:58
Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: undecided, where to stay

Becky, you might like to have a look at these hotels too which all offer B&B :

Troulos - Astoria Hotel, Troulos Bay Hotel

Agia Paraskevi - Magic Hotel, Atrium, Skiathos Princess

Achladias - Esperides hotel

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: undecided, where to stay

The Atrium or the Magic in AP. Not to many children and suit us (party aged from 50 - 64).

Didn’t find much in the way of snorkeling last year but I will try again this year.

Phil

Edited: 07 April 2013, 18:54
Kelso
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: undecided, where to stay

You might want to try snorkelling the left hand side of Kolios bay, as you look out. That and the rocks around Banana Beach are my favourite spots.

Bob

Glossop, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: undecided, where to stay

Thank you for replies,

quite fancy the Magic Hotel, but can't find availability for 1st week in July, and the Atrium seems expensive, also only wanted B/B, still looking, Koukounaries/ Kanapitsa, A/P area, still can't decide

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,526 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: undecided, where to stay

The Magic is a lovely hotel with a good choice of room types, I had a look at an exec suite when my daughter was staying in one and they are v swish. As far as booking goes I don't think they are with a tour operator and you would be best to make enquiries direct with the hotel. I'll look for some details for you.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,526 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: undecided, where to stay

Here you go Becky

www.magic-hotel.com/

Also try Booking.com and TravelRepublic. Good luck

Glossop, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: undecided, where to stay

Thank you

After much searching and weighing up costs as a package tour, we have finally:

Booked flights with Germania, and direct with Hotel Magic, discounts offered direct from hotel at final payment ,

Just the transfers to do now, have emailed hotel to see if they offer this or local taxi?

Review to follow, thanks again

Edited: 08 April 2013, 20:32
Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,526 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: undecided, where to stay

Wow, well done, you've chosen a lovely hotel. If they don't arrange transfers for you it is really easy by taxi, just walk out of the airport building and directly across the small road to the taxi stand. Shall look forward to your review.