We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small Planet Airlines

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Small Planet Airlines

Should be looking forward to returning to Skiathos, flying from Gatwick on 24th of this month. However, because of booking with Cosmos, we have seats on Small Planet planes - 06.35 from Gatwick. Just tried to find up to date reviews and did find one and OMG - did not make comfortable reading. Horrendous delays to say nothing of broken seats, filthy toilets and lack of good service from on-board crew. Then on one forum, someone from Small Planet posted a reply that seemed to indicate an improvement - the message stating we will be replacing all our fleet for travel from the U.K this summer - but alas, so vague - no specific date stated - so obviously I am expecting that the promised new fleet is not operational yet. Just did not expect to be on such planes when we booked. To be fair, there are some favourable reviews from last year but too many adverse ones. How I wish Easyjet would operate the route, speedy boarding, allocated seats and not over the top prices. Will have all fingers and toes crossed that our flights will operate on time and be satisfactory.

If the flight operated last Friday, did anyone travel on this?

Rouses Point, New...
Level Contributor
944 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small Planet Airlines

To be honest I would'nt worry about this too much. If you are that concerned contact Cosmos the company you booked with and see if you can cancel it. If they changed your airline without informing you then they are taking away your choice? but you might have to fight your corner.

Get on the plane forget all the negative stuff as you do get a lot on Trip Advisor?? and enjoy.

I went to Canada on British Airways and the plane was really dirty, but it was safe, and I feel sure if they were not safe they would not allow the plane to fly in or out from the UK. Because the company is from an Eastern European company folk list it along side Aeroflop, which is unfair!!

So, you have a choice, I am being blunt here, so please forgive me? without being rude, put up or shut up!

RPG

Edited: 12 May 2013, 16:32
WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Small Planet Airlines

One or two points - Cosmos have not changed anything and there was no other option for the dates we can travel on.

"Forget all the negative stuff as you get a lot on Trip Advisor" have to disagree, Trip Advisor is a wonderful resource and have always found useful information on here. So many people willing to be helpful.

You state "put up or shut up and also please forgive me" - well, all responses are taken in the spirit intended so absolutely nothing to forgive.

Rouses Point, New...
Level Contributor
944 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Pinkygirl

I disagree with you regarding TA, but that is my opinion, but I agree it is a wonderful resource as none of us would be contributing.

I was trying to allay your fears,not make them worse! again you are trying to pick out the negative stuff.

RPG

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,474 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Small Planet was 1.5 hours late on Friday 3rd from LGW, and was the last one into Skiathos on Friday 10th, around 6pm. Which would indicate quite a delay then. The aircraft looks nice and clean from the outside, its a Boeing 737-382, so its been around a while.

Edited: 12 May 2013, 18:22
WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Thanks Ian for your response, so much appreciated - you always come to the rescue and your knowledge is truly phenomenal - you are a Skiathos TREASURE and I am not alone in thinking that - [ and you are too, Kath ]

Two delays then, less than two hours on the 3rd and five hours last Friday. - one can only wonder why - poor crew doing their best and the delays cannot be easy for them either. You never know, they may get their act together. So sad for Skiathos to have such an airline serving the Island - horrifying to see so many reviewers saying they will never fly with the airline in the future. Looking on the bright side, if not a noon time arrival, will hopefully be in time for an evening meal at Taverna Thessaloniki on Megali Ammos - a delightful prospect - have had many delicious meals there - quite yummy - so will settle for that. . As stated before, bring on Easyjet!!

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,474 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Hi Pinkygirl8

There were customers complaining on TA last year, but hey lets give them a chance. The aircraft they used did look rough. This one has been in the Small Planet colours for three years - so they may have leased one last year, to run the service.

It only takes one person to be in duty free and they can miss the slot. They can wait hours to get another on a Friday to Skiathos due to the lack of ground space.

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Looking rough, or indeed, smelly toilets and broken seats, no problem. They obviously have certificates stating they are in a condition to fly so that is the main thing.

That said, if the delays of the previous two Fridays continue to occur - not good news not for crew nor passengers. I am hopeful of being able to post favourable reviews on here after our forthcoming trip - so yes, fingers and toes crossed.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,474 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Lets see what happens next :)

london
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Very helpful info. Many thanks. Would be great for your updates on future arrival times/delays. Does anyone know anything about their safety record ?

And ...how do we get Easy Jet to open a route from UK to Skiathos ? The demand is surely there.

A petition to Stelios...if he's still there ??

Rouses Point, New...
Level Contributor
944 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Small Planet Airlines

What you have to remember is they will only allow two 757planes or three smaller planes airbus A320, and Boeing 737 to be at Skiathos airport at any one time.

We were delayed at Gatwick for an hour because of this "policy" so it then has a knock on effect. I am not going to defend Small Planet Airlines, it may not be their fault, they are not the only airline that have a lateness problem into Skiathos.

They have a good safety record as far as I know??

Would appreciate others input into lateness and see what they come up with??

Rouses Point Girl

RPG

Edited: 13 May 2013, 12:03
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos