We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One week only .. Please help!

Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
One week only .. Please help!

Hi all, we are going back to beautiful Skiathos on Tuesday. Our first time was a week in August three years ago and to be honest we just chilled and took in the sights. We went back last year in June, had a week preparing for our wedding and then 14 family members joined us which became organised chaos!! We now have a cheeky week booked to celebrate our anniversary and we are desperate to cram every sight and eatery into such a short time. I have been trawling this forum for 7 days out and 7 places to eat but there is too much to do. So please help!! Tell me your ideal day and your ideal place to eat! Then I can have a weeks full itinerary and not waste a moment! I have my birthday as well as our anniversary while we are away so one luxury meal/day would be lovely too. Thank you

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One week only .. Please help!

Hi Gillmc6712

Take a look through this thread which was posted earlier in the year about a favourite day in Skiathos tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189499-i809-k61…

There's loads of tips on there.

For your first Wedding Anniversary and birthday why not book the Honeymoon Table at The Windmill, that is the Windmill on the hill overlooking Skiathos Town not to be confused with Milos on the small coastal road, If you take a look on their website it is the table for two with a balcony on the side of the windmill itself. You will almost certainly have to book it in advance.

A day trip on a boat seems to be one of the most popular things to do this year, just pop down to the harbours one evening and see which one suits you the best, top tip - try not to book one through your tour operator as it will cost you much more for the same thing.

Hope you enjoy :)

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
195 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One week only .. Please help!

We were meant to be going on Tuesday too but due to a family bereavement can't make it but luckily have managed to get an alternative flight on Friday. Can't be helped and decided loosing 3 days was better than cancelling altogether. I'd definately recommend a boat trip. Why not sail to Skopelos, such a lovley island. Lots of trips available as MrsWhiker says. You will be spoilt for choice. Hope you have a lovely time. We are really looking forward to returning.

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One week only .. Please help!

My favourite day would be either go on a boat trip to Skopelos or get the taxi boat to Kanapitsa and have a fab lunch at the Kanapitsa taverna....on the way back stop at the old harbour for a drink, then go somewhere with a great view for evening meal but too many choices for that!!! x

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
621 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One week only .. Please help!

Just back from 3 amazing weeks and our two new favourite eating places have to be Palouki Steak and Grill House (close to 1901 and Hellinikon) and Gravisi - a nice change to eat pasta/pizza and incredible portions for little money. Excellent and near to Mesogia. For a special night out, The Final Steps up at the clock tower - international cuisine but lovely views over the harbour (best to book a front table).

My favourite day would be spent on Kehria beach - on the north of the island (as it was this trip, many times)! Beautiful, tranquil, grass banked bay with excellent taverna (need 4-wheel drive or quad bike).

Now the Board is down, it would be good to have a Holiday Review section on TA !! or has one been started? Enjoyed reading your report Lesley. I just cant wait to return at the end of August :-)

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One week only .. Please help!

DiamondChris there is a new boomerang forum with a review section!

http://skiathosboomerang.freeforums.net/

Sounds like you had a fab time! will have to hire a jeep next time and try Kehria beach :-)

HappiHertfordshire, so sorry to hear your sad news, at least you haven't had to cancel altogether xxx

Castleford...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: One week only .. Please help!

Dimondchris will you be doing a report on your holiday at somepoint? Would love to hear what you got up to! :)

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
195 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One week only .. Please help!

Diamondchris - thanks for the tip on Kehira beach, it sounds lovley. Hope to hire a jeep so will make a visit.

8. Re: One week only .. Please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos