We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather - May Half Term - 24th - 31st

Nantwich, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Weather - May Half Term - 24th - 31st

I have just found a really decent holiday to Skiathos on the web and I am thinking of booking it. My main concern is the weather? Is it reasonably warm at the end of May? Thanks

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,798 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather - May Half Term - 24th - 31st

Always glad to see someone supporting a decent football team...

I've been to Skiathos 3 times in May. The weather is warm, but even towards the end of May it isn't quite guaranteed wall to wall sunshine all the time, it can be cloudy and rain isn't unheard of. Day time temps will be in the mid 20s. So as long as you don't want to sunbathe all day every day you will be fine. You will probably need a fleece or something at night.

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather - May Half Term - 24th - 31st

Steve is spot on, absolutely nothing guaranteed. One thing can not be in dispute, nobody can possibly predict weather, only probabilities. This year, we stayed the same last week of May and we did not have any rain or clouds so, exceptionally lucky.- glorious weather. Furthermore, it was not chilly during the evenings but we were not out after 10.0 ish so maybe it would be colder later. We have booked for the same half term week for 2014. The worst thing about such a week - the hike in airfares, absolutely way over the norm. Skiathos is worth it though.

Wigan
Level Contributor
381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather - May Half Term - 24th - 31st

Been in May 5 times,varying from the middle to the end of May. I've only once had a bad week but that was mid May rather than late May.

This year I was there 17th to 24th May and it was cloudy on the day we arrived but then wall to wall sunshine for the rest of the week.

Other than that one week when we had a few storms and strong wind it's always been glorious and indeed actually hot sunbathing weather. I've never found it chilly in the evenings either personally and I am regularly out quite late.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,705 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather - May Half Term - 24th - 31st

Cannot even predict the weather this evening, let alone next May.

Looked a sure bet at 18:00 for rain. Lovely evening now under one hour later ...

5. Re: Weather - May Half Term - 24th - 31st

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos