We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch skiathos/Volos delay

UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch skiathos/Volos delay

Anyone who was on the monarch flight that was delayed 29 hours late July got anywhere with flight compensation yet? I've just had mine rejected but I'm not giving up that easily.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
7,406 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch skiathos/Volos delay

Someone who took Monarch to the small claims court for a similar rejected claim, on a flight delay. They won compensation of £2,475, interest of £368 and costs of £435. Just goes to show that perseverance can get you somewhere ...

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/money/…ixzz2uSK6G5WR

Edited: 26 February 2014, 18:58
Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
4,045 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch skiathos/Volos delay

Ridiculous amount of compensation but Monarch really ought to know that if you don't turn up to defend yourselves, you'll automatically lose.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monarch skiathos/Volos delay

Suspect most people (my family members included!) just didn't bother.

After all, they did get another night in Skiathos!!

Sadly we came home the week before.

4. Re: Monarch skiathos/Volos delay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 05:26
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos
Recent Conversations