We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat transfer Skiathos to Katigiorgis, Pelion

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Boat transfer Skiathos to Katigiorgis, Pelion

We have flown to Skiathos for 30 years, and for the last 5 years have had 1 week in Katigiorgis on the mainland. Taking boat from Skiathos to Katigiorgis & then returning same way to spend 2 weeks in Skiathos. Unfortunately, boat transfer prices have risen considerably, does anyone know of a local boat owner who would take 2 of us over (approx. 20 mins)

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat transfer Skiathos to Katigiorgis, Pelion

Contact the owners of the accommodation in Katigiorgi that you have previously stayed in, they should be able to put you in touch with someone who can collect you from Skiathos and take you back.

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat transfer Skiathos to Katigiorgis, Pelion

Hi,Biskit 105 Hope you don't mind me asking, have you recommendations of places tt stay? is there much choice? I have really fancied doing his sort of trip, best of both

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat transfer Skiathos to Katigiorgis, Pelion

Biskit 105, where have you been doing the crossing from on Skiathos in the past?

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat transfer Skiathos to Katigiorgis, Pelion

Hi 2 Bristolians, Thanks for you reply ,the owners have arranged the return trip to Skiathos once before, but don't seem to be able to arrange Skiathos to Katigiorgis transfer. The taxi boat that we usually catch, has put his price up to 50 euros per couple, which seems rather excessive for a 15-20 minute journey. I think they could do with a bit of competition.

We were in Bristol last weekend, visiting our son at the university. Lovely place to live.

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat transfer Skiathos to Katigiorgis, Pelion

Hi Mrs. Whicker,

We take the taxi boat from Koukinaries harbour.

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat transfer Skiathos to Katigiorgis, Pelion

Hi Mithermuck,

We always stay at Achladies apt. in Skiathos (see website or tripadvisor). In Katigiorgis we stay at Avra Studios (see website).

Of course plenty accommodation in Skiathos, but very few in Katigiorgis. But Katigiorgis is lovely,just 3 tavernas, and just stepping back in time. Everything is set around a beautiful bay, and the Avra even has a pool, with great sea views (even air con).

I would recommend going to Katigiorgis for the 1st part of your holiday, because if the sea is rough you can't get back to Skiathos and may miss your flight home.

Hope this helpful.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,098 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat transfer Skiathos to Katigiorgis, Pelion

biskit 105 - hope you won't mind me hopping in on this thread but it's interesting to read this as we are planning to tour the Pelion next year & were wondering about a possible day trip (or overnight) across to Skiathos. I read that there were occasional excursions from Platanias, but that these might be summer only. Interesting to think there might also be a possibility of a private trip from Katagiorgis as I had also been looking at rooms there for a couple of nights! Good to know there is a choice of tavernas & it does look a beautiful place.

I would be very grateful if you do find someone to take you by boat if you come back & let me know the outcome.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat transfer Skiathos to Katigiorgis, Pelion

Hi biskit, I was going to suggest going from Aghia Eleni beach (which is just around the headland from Koukounaries) but I think there will be little or no difference in price to what you are already paying. The cost of fuel must have a bearing on prices so it may be hard to find a cheaper route. I'll keep my thinking hat on.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boat transfer Skiathos to Katigiorgis, Pelion

Sorry my suggestion didn't help. We once travelled across between Skiathos and Platanias on an excursion boat, it was arranged by a Pelion travel agency that has now gone out of business but it was also very expensive though I can't remember the exact cost.

We haven't stayed in Katigiorgi but have visited for the day and it is a lovely, tiny little place. But on one occasion we went there intending to have lunch and found the 3 tavernas crammed to bursting with day trippers from Skiathos - I don't know how frequently this happens and I'd guess they don't stay long. That bit of coast is lovely and the drive south from there has some wonderful views, and side lanes leading to deserted beaches (though I know beaches aren't your thing, Tsipouro!). BTW have you looked at the inland village of Lafkos as I think you would enjoy a night or two there. It has a lovely tree-shaded plateia, especially at night for dinner in one of the tavernas. Last time we were there the bakery still used the last wood-burning oven in Pelion, with a huge log pile outside, but that was a few years ago so they may have succumbed to electricity by now.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Lesbos, Zagorohoria
Level Contributor
13,098 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Boat transfer Skiathos to Katigiorgis, Pelion

Thanks - I do like to look at beautiful beaches so all points are noted. All very tentative at the mo but Lakos does sound our style. Much depends on drawing up a list of hiking routes then basing at places for 2 or 3 nights so we can start walking early morning with little or no driving. Then we move on again.

Found a lot of walking routes already but not much around Katigiorgis - are there any coastal paths/access heading north (ie to Cape Sepia/Theotokos/Liri)? Does not seem to be anything marked on the Anavasi map