We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extra flight from Manchester 2014

Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Extra flight from Manchester 2014

Am I the only person getting twitchy about the extra Olympic flight from Manchester this year? Its being provided by Small Planet who are replacing Germania as the 'cheaper option' which is a shame as Germania were excellent. As many users of this forum will recall Small Planet had a disastrous record last year and people staying with me lost a day and a half of their holidays due to the delays, non-existent flights etc. Germania are still listed but are more expensive and fly 5 mins later which makes me suspicious as to whether booking with them will actually result in flying with them. Are any of the other 'regulars' concerned or am I just beong paranoid?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,460 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extra flight from Manchester 2014

Andy, I think you have every right to be worried!! Olympic's track record of changing flights doesn't help. The only possible positive is that SPA are supposed to have a larger fleet in 2014, but after the promises they made in early 2013, we will wait and see...

Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,620 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Extra flight from Manchester 2014

Hmmm its hard to think of anything positive about SPA after their woeful performance in 2013 Steve, however if they have increased their fleet, as promised, then it will be good to have some extra competition for seat sales which will perhaps give Thomson, TC and Monarch something to think about and if SPA can fulfill their contract it will be a bonus for the passengers and the island.

3. Re: Extra flight from Manchester 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now