We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiathos Wedding - recommended taverna's

Manchester, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Skiathos Wedding - recommended taverna's

Hello,

Myself and my partner are planning on getting married in Skiathos in early September

2015. I am just wondering if anyone could offer suggestions on tavernas that could host a reception for around 35-40 people?

My ideal plan would be to marry at the Bourtzi and while we have photographs taken in the harbour/town have our guests relax with a few drinks in a harbour front bar. Then hire a boat to take us on to a taverna where we could have a meze style meal followed by drinks and music/dancing. I would love to hire a DJ for this if any could recommend?

I have been to the island 3 times now and I am visiting again this June to get everything booked so if anyone has any recommendation I would be very grateful as I can check them out while over there this year.

Thank you,

Charlotte x

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,543 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiathos Wedding - recommended taverna's

Scuna over near club strip on the waters edge, you can get there by boat, it only opens to the public in the evening, and undercover if it rains ...

Manchester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiathos Wedding - recommended taverna's

Thank you for this! I will note it and go and visit while over there :)

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,543 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiathos Wedding - recommended taverna's

Its a very nice place, I am sure you will like it - Good luck with making the plans ...

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Skiathos Wedding - recommended taverna's

Yes, Scuna is lovely, one of my favourite places, and would be perfect for a wedding party - beautiful setting, great food and service. Good luck with the wedding - an idyllic place to get married!

Skíathos, Magnisia...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Skiathos Wedding - recommended taverna's

Hello, first of all congratulations!

There are one or two DJ's specialized on weddings in SKiathos.

YOu can try

…wix.com/thegroomtherapyband

You will find DJ service too.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skiathos Wedding - recommended taverna's

Hi, my partner has just proposed (and I said yes!) -we're currently in Santorini, but have decided we want to get married on Skiathos; we went last year and loved it. We're speaking with Anastasia who we hope will be our wedding planner but loved The Olive Land taverna, which was half way up a mountain and had wonderful views. Thinking we might like our dinner there....

Upton, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skiathos Wedding - recommended taverna's

Congratulations Em . Happy planing .

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Skiathos Wedding - recommended taverna's

Oliveland and Scuna would both be wonderful - Oliveland perhaps a bit more private?

9. Re: Skiathos Wedding - recommended taverna's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:15