We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favourite Places to eat and drink on the Island

Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Favourite Places to eat and drink on the Island

This will be our 8th visit to the Island as the years pass we try to explore different places to eat and visit here are ours using 5 areas

Best restaurant - bars and beaches and snack bars

Skiathos Town - Alexandros

Agia Paraskevi - Green park

Troulos - Salt and Pepper

Koukounaries - Panorama

Out of the way or to drive to - Avli

Best snack bar on island - No Name ( Skiathos Town )

Best Bar on Island - Agusteria Bar ( Koukounaries )

Best beach - Mandraki

Hope this year I will find new places to visit looking forward to other peoples views we will be out again at the end of the month shame about the weather the last couple of days

Mentioned in this post
Skiathos Town
Skiathos Town
Skiathos, Greece
Agia Paraskevi
Agia Paraskevi
Skiathos, Greece
Troulos
Troulos
Skiathos, Greece
Koukounaries
Koukounaries
Skiathos, Greece
wigan
Level Contributor
860 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favourite Places to eat and drink on the Island

Hi Stanley. You should get a stack of replies to this as everyone has their own faves. However you are not far off our faves with Alexandros in town, Green park in AP, Salt and Pepper inTroulos. Agustera is good for a brekkie but our fave bar is Christakis in Troulos. Best street food is Koziakas (ding dong man). Best beach is small banana and best drive out is the beach taverna on Agia Eleni for a frappe and sunset watch.

Mentioned in this post
Troulos
Troulos
Skiathos, Greece
Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
18 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favourite Places to eat and drink on the Island

Tough choices......so much choice!!

My favourites are: -

Best restaurant - Mylos (Skiathos Town) - love the setting as well as the food!!

Best bar/place for drinks - Rock and Roll (Skiathos Town) and Bourtzi

Best beach - Banana beach

Best snack bar - Time Out (Skiathos Beach)

Can't wait to sample some more soon!!

Mentioned in this post
Skiathos Town
Skiathos Town
Skiathos, Greece
Cleckheaton, United...
Level Contributor
297 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favourite Places to eat and drink on the Island

Best restaurant in Skiathos Town - 1901

Best restaurant out of Skiathos Town - Platanias Taverna

Bar - Iguana (Paraskevi) or Agustera (Kouk)

Beach - Elias

Quick question Stanley G - how come you voted Avli as the best restaurant to drive to if you have Green Park as the best restaurant in AP? You are talking about the Avli in AP aren't you?

Mentioned in this post
Skiathos Town
Skiathos Town
Skiathos, Greece
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favourite Places to eat and drink on the Island

Hi Hayley

You are right it has been a year since our visit it's hard to chose between them the island is blessed with great places to eat and enjoy the sea and sun

Many years ago a old Greek couple in Northern Greece told us about Skiathos it is favourite with Greeks who could blame them

Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favourite Places to eat and drink on the Island

Hi Tirumasu

the beach taverna on Agia Eleni for a frappe and sunset sounds good I will try that I agree about the ding dong man the place is always buzzing and the meats are amazing they meet all there customers like old friends

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favourite Places to eat and drink on the Island

Hi Stanley G

I too wondered about your remark stating that Avli is out of the way.or to drive to. We visited 3 times during our recent stay - exceptional food and thoroughly deserving of its Number One rating. It is less than a five minute walk from bus stop 16, just go down the short lane at the side of the Iguana Supermarket. To me, an out of the way place would be the Panorama Pizza or Olive Land. Not been to either but I understand they are quite difficult to get to, ie not near any bus stop. Other favourites in town are Mouria Taverna and on Megali Ammos beach, Taverna Thessaloniki. There are so many to choose from.

Visitors to Skiathos are so well blessed with wonderful places to dine, but for our family AVLI just has the edge - fantastic food and most certainly not over-priced.

Mentioned in this post
Megali Ammos
Megali Ammos
Skiathos, Greece
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favourite Places to eat and drink on the Island

Hi Pinky girl

I have not tried Thessaloniki can you park near to this as we are staying outside town I will check out Mouria

We tried olive land the food was really nice the problem we had we chose a windy evening being high up it was a little cool on a normal evening it would have been ok

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favourite Places to eat and drink on the Island

Hi again Stanley

Yes there is plenty of parking at the back of Thessaloniki because there is a lane that runs parallel to the beach. I have seen cars along here but the big question is how did they get to the lane. I think, but am not certain, driving into town from the direction of Kouk, just before you get to the newish Hotel Neptuno, which is almost at the top of the hill leading to Bus Stop 4, you would turn right and go down a short sharp slope - turn right at the bottom, into the lane. Just a short distance is the back entrance to Taverna Thessaloniki.

Super place to dine, good food and right at the waters edge - fantastic...

Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favourite Places to eat and drink on the Island

Hi Pinky girl

Thanks for the info that's another on the list cannot wait

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favourite Places to eat and drink on the Island

Anticipation of a forthcoming holiday is all part of the experience. Hope you have a wonderful time and that you will post your thoughts when you get back. I am due to write a report but have had a day excursion to our local hospital so I am a little behind with various tasks.

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos