We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skin so soft!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
196 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Skin so soft!

What is the type of skin so soft product that Avon do that is good for repelling Mosquitos ? I'm sorry to disappoint those that read the title and were expecting something a little more raunchy. If that is the case, indicate your interest and I'll serialise some fictional adventures in a style of 50 shades of grey, called 50 shades of little banana x

Can we have answers by Wednesday morning before we have to leave the Avon brochure of the door step, also is the eyeshade and mascara up to much ha ha ha, not for repelling insect but attracting fellas ha ha ha ha , the worrying thing is, this is a fella writing it. As you can tell I either need a skiathos break or a section of the mental health act, preferably the sunnier option with gyros and retsina x

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skin so soft!

Hello.

Its the dry oil spray, a 150ml bottle with blue writing on. I got mine from amazon.

Darvel, United...
Level Contributor
450 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skin so soft!

AVON so Soft is a brilliant mosquito repellent. Used, even, by our own British Army. Get some.

Keep talking the meds mate. ;-) x

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skin so soft!

This query has cropped up a lot so to refresh my memory I typed in your question to the Search Box above your Post. Best answer from stevep53 on 2nd May 2014 and he gives a link to the Avon Product in Turquoise Container. Not sure if they will have the exact shade of Mascara though !!

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
234 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skin so soft!

It's the original skin so soft range, think it's woodland fresh? Definitely the one in the turquoise bottles. The now do several skin so soft ranges so don't buy the wrong one. I take no chances and always use the liquid soap, shower gel and the dry oil spray and touch wood don't seem to get bitten when I use it. The plus side of this is it smells much nicer than jungle formula! The other half however tends to get covered in bites coz he uses his own shower gel and doesn't use the dry oil spray! Have also been told to eat marmite or take vitamin D tablets for 2 weeks before your hols but we haven't tried that out yet. Perhaps someone else on TA can advise. Avon lippy & mascara also good, not sure it will keep the mozzies away or attract the men though. Happy hols, I'm sure it is a Skiathos fix you need.

Darvel, United...
Level Contributor
450 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skin so soft!

Garlic capsules. They also hate gin and tonic. I think the quinine in the tonic has something in it abhorrent to them.

Darvel, United...
Level Contributor
450 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skin so soft!

Will mention this just in case. Mosquitoes hate the smell of Vick. Learnt this when I travelled to the Far East.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Skin so soft!

It is definitely Skin so Soft ''Original'' dry oil spray, it used to be called Woodland Fresh years ago.

Edited: 23 June 2014, 22:02
Liverpool
Level Contributor
196 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Skin so soft!

Thanks guys, ordered, currently on sale for half price (£2.50) from our local dealer ( ooooo sinister Avon, can I have some of your special stuff please?)

Liverpool
Level Contributor
196 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Skin so soft!

My mosquito has no nose...how does it smell?....it smells terrible

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Skin so soft!

I had 10 nights in Skiathos late May, early June this year. Used some cheap mosquito repellant wipes every day and night on neck, ankles, elbows(why do mozzies like joints?) never had a single bite.......then I tidied up my garden when I got home and woke up next day with two bites on my ankle and one on my temple!!

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos
Recent Conversations