We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small Planet Performance 2014?

Tyne & Wear
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Small Planet Performance 2014?

Loads of posts last summer but wondering what the flights from Manchester have been like this year please?

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Tyne & Wear
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Small Planet Performance 2014?

Thanks for all the comments folks. I may have to have second thoughts about this one; waiting to see if Geoff's mobility improves so may miss out on a second trip.

liverpool uk
Level Contributor
327 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Small Planet Performance 2014?

Yes on Alonissos now spoke to people who came in last night minus luggage told still in Gatwick' hopefully no loaded on to other flight..

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,785 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Small Planet Performance 2014?

What a nightmare, what's going on at Gatwick luggage handling? Many problems reported this week on the news here.

But SP not to blame, surely?

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Small Planet Performance 2014?

I think the problem was with the handlers Swissport at Gatwick and affected quite a few of the tour operators so clearly not confined to SPA.

liverpool uk
Level Contributor
327 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Small Planet Performance 2014?

It will be there handling agent 'poss swiss port not sure who the use..

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,785 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Small Planet Performance 2014?

Just to clarify, by SP I meant Small Planet - not Swissport! Yes, the blame seems to be with Swissport, which is why I read that Gatwick have drafted in extra employees directly employed by the airport to help.

Swissport operate all over the world, it must be a local issue.

southsea
Level Contributor
130 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Small Planet Performance 2014?

Unfortunately we were on the gatwick flight yesterday, didn't mind the 2hour delay but really cheesed off that 1 out of 2 suitcases was left behind. The Mrs one. Spent yesterday and today getting neccessitys for her. Will be claiming compensation though. The couple next to me on the plane didn't get any luggage at all. And another couple with a 10 week old baby going to skopelos had luggage missing. Had a great time last night though and just sat outside the school before we go to Marmita. Last update from monarch rep was that they were hoping to send luggage to Athens then on to Skiathos. Fingers crossed it will be here soon, l hate shopping ha ha

Mentioned in this post
Marmita
Marmita
1,692 Reviews
Skiathos, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Skiathos Town
Skiathos Town
Skiathos, Greece
southsea
Level Contributor
130 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Small Planet Performance 2014?

Suitcase arrived today, 5 days late.Still having a great time.Currently having rain thunder and lightning in town.

19. Re: Small Planet Performance 2014?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos