We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skopolos Town for 1 week then on to Skiathos Town

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
228 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Skopolos Town for 1 week then on to Skiathos Town

hi i have booked for 1 week in skopelos & then 1 week in skiathos (both in the town's) what im wanting to know is on your return for your second weeks hol do they take you to the airport & then do you have to travel back to the town on the arrival bus. This is what it says in some brochures i have been reading yet it seems a bit silly when I am staying in skiathos town for my 2nd week.

any advise would be grateful

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skopolos Town for 1 week then on to Skiathos Town

Although I'm a bit confused as to the question, it appears you're flying in on a charter or 'package' deal to Skiathos...To get to Skopelos you will simply need to board one of the vessels at the harbor in Skiathos Town for the journey accross...To Skopelos TOWN on the dolphin/ catamarans it's about an hour:) Would think the transfer would be included if it is, in fact, a package:) You don't mention 'Who'" (airline/operator) you're flying/travelling with and when?! Maybe this info would be useful for more detailed/accurate responses:):) Enjoy!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,069 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skopolos Town for 1 week then on to Skiathos Town

It is a strangely 'British' package tour question....

If they do it that way you may have a long wait at the airport, as you say, not really sensible, I would guess it would be easier to just get on the ferry/catamaran/hydrofoil from Skopelos and get a taxi at the port of Skiathos. Due to the timings in that direction for the hydrofoil they may use a 06:00 departure time. Check with the ferry ticket agent near the ferry quay there will be other ferries/cats/hydrofoils.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skopolos Town for 1 week then on to Skiathos Town

Thanks for clarifying that, RH:) Enjoy!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,881 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skopolos Town for 1 week then on to Skiathos Town

Betty - who are you travelling with ? People we know who have done this have always had to make their own arrangements for travel for the second week. Not a problem as it is only a short ferry ride.

However in peak season you will need to book ferry / dolphin as the smaller ones do get booked up. if there is a large ferry on the day of your transfer then no problem.

Also definitely book a taxi for airport - there will be a big queue at the town taxi rank for taxis to airport so get one to come and pick you up at apts.

Enjoy!!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
228 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skopolos Town for 1 week then on to Skiathos Town

sorry i am confusing you all. I am booked on a package with olympic. They do include all transfers but i thought someone may know how this works.

ie in the holiday brochure it says you get the ferry from skopelos & then you go back to the airport & then you wait for thr bus that takes new arrivals to their resort.

what i was therefore asking is will this still apply if you are staying in skaithos town like i am.

Anyone who has done this with olympic may know.

thanks again

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,881 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skopolos Town for 1 week then on to Skiathos Town

Hi Betty - well that sounds a bit crazy to me - the bit about going to the airport to pick up your bus to go to new apartment !! What happens if incoming flights are delayed ? Can understand this if it was a big island, like Crete, with a 3 hour transfer- however, it will cost you 5 euros to get from ferry at Skiathos town to airport - probably the same fare to your apartment in Skiathos Town ! So I know what I would do.

I have an Olympic brochure somewhere so will check it out.

Please make sure that you tell Olympic your plans though - we were once stuck at the aiport in a taxi waiting for a couple to transfer with us, only to find out after 30 minutes that they had made their own way to hotel - but didnt tell the rep !

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
228 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skopolos Town for 1 week then on to Skiathos Town

thanks chrissie thats great info

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,881 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Skopolos Town for 1 week then on to Skiathos Town

You are welcome - plus I am sure that the Olympic Rep on Skopelos will be on hand to give you more details.

Contact me nearer the time if you want any restaurant/beach ideas.

9. Re: Skopolos Town for 1 week then on to Skiathos Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 03:19
Get answers to your questions about Skopelos
Recent Conversations