We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferrys from Skiathos to Skopelos/ Skopelos to Skiathos

North Devon, UK
Level Contributor
69 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Ferrys from Skiathos to Skopelos/ Skopelos to Skiathos

Please can anyone give me any pointers on ferry travel. Myself and 3 friends arrive in Skiathos on Fri 12th June 2009 at 12.40, we are travelling to Skopelos and i would like to know the times of ferries leaving Skiathos to Skopelos that afternoon, also on the return journey on Fri 24th June what are the times of ferries leaving Skopelos as our return flight leaves at 14.00hrs. I would be gratefull for any information, also we are staying at Agontas so would we be better off getting off at Glossa and taking a taxi or travelling on the ferry around to Skopelos Town and taking a taxi from there?(price of a taxi is not an issue). I would appreciate any advice from fellow trip advisors.

portsmouth
Level Contributor
891 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferrys from Skiathos to Skopelos/ Skopelos to Skiathos

24th is a wednesday ...we we will be on skopelos 17th-23rd...leaving the island a day early so as to be sure of our flight home

we are staying at Agontas too !!!

....the Lithanemon apartments ..where are you staying ?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,895 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferrys from Skiathos to Skopelos/ Skopelos to Skiathos

It's very easy, just walk or take a taxi from the Airport to the port and buy a ferry ticket. The ticket agent is just across the road from the port. Assuming plane is reasonably on time easy to get the Catamaran to Skopelos/Alonissos at around 15:00(Sk) and 18:00(Sk),21:00 (Gl/Sk). They don't all stop at Loutraki/Glossa. Skopelos town is probably slightly easier/only option, taxi rank/bus stn on the ferry quay, you could even take the bus to Agnontas.

On the return you will be stuck with an early morning ~ 07:00 departure Skopelos to Skiathos in order to be in time for that flight, next ferry about 14:30, most people advocate staying on Skiathos for a night or two last because of this factor.

North Devon, UK
Level Contributor
69 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferrys from Skiathos to Skopelos/ Skopelos to Skiathos

Sorry my mistake we leave Skopelos on Friday 19th June and yes we are staying at the Lithemon, maybe it's the right thing to do staying the last night on Skiathos as having to be up to catch the 7.00am ferry will take the edge off the last day, any suggestions on where to stay for one night in Skiathos? I am so looking forward to going it looks lovely.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferrys from Skiathos to Skopelos/ Skopelos to Skiathos

For Agnondas (you'll love Lithanemon - and this tiny village!) go directly to Skopelos Town from Skiathos..it's about a 10 minute drive! There is a 7a ferry getting you back to Skiathos for your flight but if you choose to stay in Skiathos the night before, there are a number of places on the waterfront and convenient to the airport..like the Meltemi and San Remo! Enjoy!

5. Re: Ferrys from Skiathos to Skopelos/ Skopelos to Skiathos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Skopelos