We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunvil holidays in Skopolos

London,
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sunvil holidays in Skopolos

Hello,

Can anyone advise me please whether Skopolos is a good place to go for a couple in their early 30's who want self catering and a relaxed, quiet holiday for a week where we can potter around a beautiful place, do some walking and go swimming as well?

Sunvil seem to have some nice looking self catering accomodation but has anyone stayed with them in Skopolos and if so where? I can't work out if the properties they have would actually tick the boxes - same with Skopolos..

I've been to Molivos for a week and loved it and was hoping for somewhere similar but with more places to potter round.

Also ideally we don't want it too busy and are planning to go mid June - is this a good time weather wise etc?

Thanks

Sophie

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunvil holidays in Skopolos

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes !!!!

Cant help with the Sunvil properties but if you can put a name to some of them I am sure one of the experts living there can help you re the locations.

I seem to recall seeing a couple on the outskirts of Skopelos Town. Personally we like to walk into town at night to eat and use the car to travel to the beaches/ villages during the day.

London,
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunvil holidays in Skopolos

that sounds positive! The ones I'm looking at are The Pink House and Oceanus House - both small self catering in the old town.

Don't want to drive for a change this holiday so hoping the buses are easy enough to work out and go regularly to some beaches?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,595 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunvil holidays in Skopolos

Yes again. I would say Skopelos town would be a pretty good match with Molyvos and June is certainly a good time to go.

There are pretty good bus services from Skopelos to all points to Loutraki if you don't wish to hire a car. Times vary seasonally as per usual but times are up by the bus station/ferry quay. The bus goes close to some beaches but others require a steep walk down an access road. Bus tends to packed from Skopelos town <> Staphylos at peak times. The 'Road Edition' map #218 is a goodun for the island layout.

Sunvil, never used them. It is hard to locate places in the town for sure, but those you mention seem OK, steep walk down to the harbourside for sure.

Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
483 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunvil holidays in Skopolos

Hi Louisa, the Pink House is near the Kastro at the top of the town and is fairly easy to spot as it's pink! Not sure about the location of Okeanos as there are so many little houses dotted around the back streets. As long as you don't mind a walk up and down lots of little steps you'll be fine with either.

The buses are very easy to work out - just head into town and you'll find the bus stop next to the taxi rank. The times of the buses will be written on the board attached to the shelter.

London,
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunvil holidays in Skopolos

Thanks for this - no we are happy to walk so no problem being up a steep hill - is there enough to do in skopolos - even if it's just pottering around pretty houses and eating lovely Greek food? Also am I right in thinking there is no beach there? How far is the nearest beach and is Alonissis a better idea?

It's tricky deciding which to go for!

Thanks

Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
483 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunvil holidays in Skopolos

If you're happy pottering about and visiting places then you'll be fine with a week on Skopelos. It's extremely easy to sit down for a drink and something to eat along the paralia and not move again for hours! Skopelos seems to have a strangely soporific effect on people :-)

Town beach is not great it has to be said and if you're using public transport then the first beach would be Stafylos/Velanio which is only about 5-10 minutes' out of town.

Alonissos is a beautiful island and I would happily spend time there but in mid June it will be extremely quiet - if you're okay with that then fine. The beaches are lovely and it's a great place to walk. Alternatively you could visit from Skopelos for a day or two.

Whichever island you decide on I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

West Sussex
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunvil holidays in Skopolos

Hi Sophie,

I work for Sunvil Holidays.

Skopelos is a diverse island - a rich, undulating green interior of woodland, pastureland & olive groves with great walks & views with a coastline of many beaches.

Skopelos Town is picture postcard pretty & has more tavernas & shops than you can visit in 2 weeks.

The Sunvil town properties are comfy & well-equipped.

From what you've said I reckon Skopelos will tick your boxes.

David.

8. Re: Sunvil holidays in Skopolos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Skopelos