We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skopelos Village Apartments

Which Skopelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Skopelos Village Apartments

Has anyone ever stayed here?

I love the look of Skopelos Town but not the

sound of the beach. I have read that this hotel provides transport to other beaches but there is no mention of this on their web site and I haven't been able to email them to ask.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skopelos Village Apartments

Yes your'e right the town beach is polluted and grotty, however there is a decent island bus service from Skopelos town which enables access to virtually all the beaches on the island. There is a timetable in the bus station at the root of the ferry quay. This is very roughly 15 min walk from the apartments you mention.

Level Contributor
136 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skopelos Village Apartments

Retired Hippy

That was quick! Thanks for the response.

Is the bus service generally good? i.e. how frequent and how late do they run?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skopelos Village Apartments

The buses in summer run throughout the day with the last one around 10 or 11p (Summer here meaning July and August) otherwise the last bus is pretty early - around 5 or 6pm. Since the island has 1 major road that runs about 25 miles or so, a moped would be a good bet!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skopelos Village Apartments

I was in Skopelos in June 2005 last year and there were roughly 6 buses a day from Skopelos to Loutraki, from 07:00 to 18:00 each day, I used them most days and they were pretty much on time, also very crowded at peak times.

vancouver
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Skopelos Village Apartments

Skopelos town is the active centre of the island....but the best beaches are Stafylos, Panormos, Aghios Ioannis, Elios...actually too many to mention. There is a charming village, Glossa, at the other end of the island. The bus service is frequent only in Jul/Aug as mentioned by someone else...however someone else mentioned mopeds.....this is not advisable to all travellers. if u are experienced on a moped u will be fine. the main roadway from Skopelos town to Loutraki is narrow and winding...can be dangerous especially in the evening hours.

Plymouth
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skopelos Village Apartments

Skopelos is fabulous. Dont worry at all about the town beach - part of the fun is travelling around the island to all the wonderful beaches out of town. But you are definitely best to have your accommodation in town because that is where most of the evening life and the tavernas are.

Newcastle, England
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Skopelos Village Apartments

Hello everyone.

I have loved reading your comments and they are all getting me so excited for my first holiday in Skopelos July this year.

I too am staying in the Skopelos Village appartments and was wondering if anyone had staye ther and what they are like?

Also, is there any good arranged trips you would recommend?

Cayman Islands
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Skopelos Village Apartments

Skopelos Village has to be the best resort on the island. So good that I have just bought one of the apartments they are building which are great value, wonderful views and their own swimming pool to boot.

Easy 5 minute walk to the centre of town where it all happens. There is also a boat from the town that takes you to another great beach. By the way they have cleaned the town beach up a lot this year 2006 but still not the best on the island.

Have fun Linda

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Skopelos Village Apartments

Hey Linda...another Skopelos 'devotee'....how great! Looked up the sight and it looks stunning....curious though as only rental rates were displayed for both hotel/apartments???? Is there another site that publishes prospectus/sale/purchase rates, etc that you would know of? Thanks!

Cayman Islands
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Skopelos Village Apartments

Hi Litsa

Go nto Skopelosvillage.com and you will find all the site plans, floor plans, prices etc. I have bought the top floor two bedroom for 138,000 Euros. The views are fantastic. If you are really interested contact Maria (the owner/developer) and if you mention my name she will look after you well as we have become good friends. She is a great lady and you can even customize to an extent. They are already built just internal stuff to do with completion October/November time. I will be back there for the last week of August and the first week of September. Hope this has helped

Linda