We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skopelos with 4 year old.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Skopelos with 4 year old.

Hi. We been to skopelos 8 years ago and loved it. We have booked again for July this year and are staying at the aelos hotel but this time with our 4 year old girl. It will be her first time abroad and we are all really excited. I am just worrying now if I made the right decision as I had forgot that the beaches were pebbles so no sandcastle making! And just hoping she will be happy for 2 weeks. Any suggestions of things to do would be very welcome. Also has skopelos changed much since 8 years ago when we last visited? I hope not, it was beautiful! X

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skopelos with 4 year old.

Hey and welcome Skopelos2014:-) You're right, no sand castle building here.. but lots of pebble collecting opportunities.. especially in Panormos;-) I don't know if you noticed it.. but there is a playground area with swings, etc., in Skopelos Town by the waterfront.. it's been there for quite a while now.. and you'll be happy to know not many changes here.. still the beautiful isle with crystal clear turquoise waters you remember;-) As in general throughout Greece, you'll find the isle extremely child and family friendly with lots of local Greek families visiting during the Season as well;-) Am sure your whole family will totally Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Skopelos Town
Skopelos Town
Skopelos, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,070 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skopelos with 4 year old.

And some beaches do have some sand ! Enough for a little one to have fun anyway.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skopelos with 4 year old.

You could replace the sand castles with pebble collecting. I have a jar of beautiful pebbles collected on Panormos beach. I spent endless hours examining and collecting the perfect shapes and colours for my jar.... and I'm almost a senior LOL!

Karen

Mentioned in this post
Panormos Beach
Panormos Beach
765 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
678 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skopelos with 4 year old.

We spent 2 lovely weeks there last summer with our 7 year old. We did get a day ferry to skiathos just to give her her sand castle making fix but other than that had a fab time on all the lovely beaches and in the park on the front as litsa mentioned.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skopelos with 4 year old.

Thank you very much for your replies. I now feel very happy about my decision. I had forgot about the town park!! :-) July can't come soon enough x

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skopelos with 4 year old.

Our pleasure Skopelos2014:-) Skopelos is a stunningly beautiful isle.. hopefully, you'll let us know how it went.. and how much you enjoyed!

Mentioned in this post
Skopelos Town
Skopelos Town
Skopelos, Greece
Northumberland...
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skopelos with 4 year old.

I have never left any messages on trip advisor b4 and just want to say thanks again to u all for the reassurance and litsa I see u r quite an expert :-) I have so enjoyed reading your many posts dating back sooo long and have made many many notes to take with us in our hols! Our last trip to Greece was symi in 2009 and in fact it was our last trip abroad so this is well overdue! Symi was beautiful but i remember skopelos all those years ago to be just extra magical. Will let you know how it goes. X

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Symi
Symi
Dodecanese, Greece
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Skopelos with 4 year old.

Very kind of you Skopelos2014:-) I guess it's easy enough to talk about a place you love;-)) Glad I could be of help.. and yes, do let us know how it goes;-) Keep enjoyin' all!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Skopelos with 4 year old.

Looking to go to Skopelos and presumably you fly to the mainland and then travel to the island by boat.

Mentioned in this post
Skopelos Town
Skopelos Town
Skopelos, Greece
Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
7,494 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Skopelos with 4 year old.

You fly to Skiathos, then take a ferry, catamaran or flying dolphin ...

Mentioned in this post
Skiathos
Skiathos
Sporades, Greece