We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panormas beach Skopelos

Which Skopelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Panormas beach Skopelos

Does anyone know the name of the studios which are the nearest to the Asterias taverna on Panormas beach in Skopelos?

We will be staying in Skiathos but would like to get the ferry to Loutraki and stay overnight.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panormas beach Skopelos

Hey and welcome LesleySapphhire:-) The closest.. right next to Asterias is Pelagos Apartments! The one right next to Pelagos is 'Ta Kymata' (The Waves) and way better IMO:-) Best.. and EnJOY!

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Panormas beach Skopelos

Thank you Litsa I will have a look at those :-)

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panormas beach Skopelos

Hi Litsa, does the bus stop at Kastani Beach too and are there any apartments on this beach? Also how far is the bus stop in Panormos from the Asterias taverna? Thank you so much for your help! :-)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Panormas beach Skopelos

You're welcome LesleySapphire:-) Yes, the bus does stop at Kastani Beach from where you walk down.. there are no accommodations on this smaller beach;-)

As far as the bus stop at Panormos, coming from Loutraki, it's the 2nd stop (there are 2 stops at Panormos).. the first one is at the tip of the stretch of beach right after Adrina Beach.. the second bus stop leaves you smack in front of the 3 tavernas that are sandwiches together there.. practically in front of the first one.. just walk down the road past the first 2, the 3rd is Asterias .. all tavernas have access from the road.. all the way through to the beach;-) Takes about half an hour on the bus.. Panormos falls pretty much in the middle of the isle.. entire run from Loutraki to Skopelos Town takes about an hour! Keep enjoyin'!

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Panormas beach Skopelos

Hi Litsa, I was looking at Agnondas beach too and the Kima studios look really good. Would you recommend any tavernas at Agnondas?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Panormas beach Skopelos

. the studio apartments are right above the waterfront tavernas there.. and like in Panormos.. all 3 are sandwiched together.. have eaten at all 3 throughout the years.. all are good.. if I had to give preference to one, I'd say the middle one;-) Oasis café bar which is also attached and the first place on the waterfront heading in from Loutraki is also a good spot for a glass of wine or a snack like a Skopelos Cheese Pie.. sandwich type stuff under the shade of the beautiful pine tree there;-) This is a tiny, small fishing village and the water is gorgeous! Enjoyin'!

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Panormas beach Skopelos

Thank you Litsa :-) it is going to be quite an adventure! Might stay at Panormos one night then move on to

Agnondas for another night, then Skopelos town and back to Skiathos!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Panormas beach Skopelos

My pleasure LesleySapphire:-) And I thought you were looking to just to overnight;-) Good call on a couple of nights.. the isle will captivate you;-) If you head to Loutraki.. you can take the bus to Panormos for 1st overnight.. (you can check out Kastani if you want.. it's barely 10 min on the bus from Panormos passing Adrina Beach and Mylies).. take the bus from Panormos to Agnondas for the second night.. the bus to Skopelos Town from Agnondas is barely another 10-15 or so .. thereabouts;-) You may not want to leave from Skopelos Town;-)) Enjoyin'!

EDIT: Forgot to ask.. but when are you going?

Edited: 23 February 2014, 18:19
Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Panormas beach Skopelos

Hi Litsa, we fly to Skiathos on 23rd May and are staying 3 weeks. We were just going to stay one night in Skopolos until I seen some photos of Agnondas haha! It looks beautiful! We were in Skiathos last year and went on a boat trip that stopped at Panormos and loved it especially the Astrerias taverna :-) we had some gorgeous food there. We love Skopolos town too as have been on several boat trips that stop there for a couple of hours so it will be nice to spend a bit more time there and not have to rush around. By the time you get lunch there is not always a lot of time to explore as you have to rush back to the boat!

Thank you so much for all the valuable information! :-)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Panormas beach Skopelos

You are going at a wonderful time:-) You'll find late May/early June very quiet in Skopelos.. perfect for relaxing on a beach.. feasting at the beachfront tavernas, etc.. My fave months are May and Sept and usually head over for the month in Sept;- With 3 weeks, you have plenty of time to even take in a trip to Alonissos maybe?! It's home to the Marine Park.. google and/or youtube for some fascinating info;-) You may also want to check out www.skopelosweb.gr/ www.alonissos.gr/ for some general info on beaches, etc;-)

As far as Asterias on Panormos.. have being going there for decades! Family run.. and the owner, Kostas, never fails to deliver the freshest fare hence a more limited menu.. everything is fabulous and you'll be in time for some of his home made wine in the barrels .. which you won't miss inside by the kitchen and food display area.. it's usually gone by Sept ~ sigh;-) Keep us posted.. keep enjoyin'!

Edited: 23 February 2014, 19:08