We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Artemis bungalows Stafylos

somerset uk
Level Contributor
95 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Artemis bungalows Stafylos

Hi to everyone

Hoping to have stay at the Artemis bungalows in stafylos this coming August 22nd for a week and was hoping for some knowledge of the local area. Will be hiring a car and wondered if the roads are similar to say Kefalonia lovely views but some roads can be alittle hair raising. are the local tavernas good or are there better ones if we travel? is it a quite area or busy?? and local beaches are they good for lounging and swimming? will be traveling with wife and 16 yr old daughter. any help and info would be great

thks to all

Martin

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Artemis bungalows Stafylos

Hey and welcome Martin:-) I don't know the property, but there may be reviews here to give you some feedback.. simply type in the property name up in the search box here.. top of this page, right hand side;-)

As far as Stayflos itself.. it's a walk down.. and uphill all the way;) I haven't frequented the area in a number of years, but you won't fall short on wonderful local tavernas.. you're close to both Limnonari and Agnondas.. the latter has 3 wonderful waterfront tavernas all sandwiched together.. I usually like the one in the middle;-)

The isle will still be active in August.. doesn't start teetering off till the tail end of the month .. early Sept!

If you haven't already, take a look at www.skopelosweb.gr/ for some general isle info! It's a good thing you'll have a rental.. best way regardless to get around on your own schedule without having to depend on the local buses .. although they're frequent enough in Season.. doing the approx. hour run from one side of the isle at Skopelos Town to the other at Loutraki below Glossa:-)The isle is a paradise.. beaches know for the clearest turquoise waters.. stop and take a dunk at Panormos and grab a bite at Asterias taverna right on the water/beach;-) Am sure you will all totally EnJOY!

EDIT: Forgot to add that there are some tight twists/turns.. magnificent views though! You've picked a gem of an isle.. lush, green, mountainous.. and with wonderful locals to make for a fabulous adventure:-)

Edited: 16 May 2014, 01:13
Mentioned in this post
Limnonari Beach
Limnonari Beach
432 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
Agnondas Beach
Agnondas Beach
248 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
Skopelos Town
Skopelos Town
Skopelos, Greece
Loutraki
Loutraki
Corinthia Region, Greece
somerset uk
Level Contributor
95 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Artemis bungalows Stafylos

Thks very much for reply,there doesnt seem to be much info about Artemis bungalows but what u have told me certainly hasnt put put off going:) Will take a look at the link for the island. i had heard its a lovely place to holiday and relax. Cannot wait till August

thks again

martin

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Artemis bungalows Stafylos

My pleasure Martin:-) Wish I could be of more help but don't know the place.. then again, it's been a while since I trekked down to the beach there;-)) FWIW, you picked a magnificent isle.. with the added advantage of a rental, you'll have the opportunity to explore loads of great beaches/villages on your schedule;-)) Do check out the link.. and if of interest, check out Agios Giannis.. pack a lunch and take a dip as well.. The climb up is well worth it for some fabulous views;-)

And most definitely yes on *relax*:-) I come all the way from the States to do just that on my favorite beach on one of my fave isles;-)) I look forward to this vaca every year.. and it doesn't come soon enough, lol;-)) Looking forward to hearing all about it.. when all is said and done;-) In the meantime.. keep enjoyin'!

Edited: 16 May 2014, 21:37
somerset uk
Level Contributor
95 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Artemis bungalows Stafylos

one quick question i hope u dont mind answering which 2 areas of the island would you recommend to someone that like a nice quite relaxing holiday??? thks again for ur replies

martin

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Artemis bungalows Stafylos

..well, it'll still be buzzing wherever you go mid-August.. I always enjoy Panormos.. and Agnondas.. my 2 fave beaches/villages on the isle;-) Loutraki is also on the quiet side with a nice rocky beach (not the one by the ferry port;-) Neo Klima (or Elios) although larger, is also a wonderful place to base by Hovolo at the end of the beach area as well as Limnonari.. only a couple of tavernas and believe only 1 place to stay;-)

The beach a Mylies is magnificent.. and there are accommodations there as well these days;-) Limited on food but a quiet.. long beach one can easily find quiet a spot on;-)

FWIW, I always head out either in May or Sept and for me, all above work well, but am particularly biased towards Panormos especially with it's crystal clear/turquoise waters.. then again, you'll find that at Limnonari, Agnondas.. as well as Stafylos;-) I spent entire Summers on the isle way back in the 80's-90's.. and based pretty much all around.. and it was packed in those days.. believe more so than these days in peak! I once ended up sleeping in a friend's fishing boat one night, lol! What an experience that was;-)) It was August 15th.. doesn't get any more crowded.. and they needed the room for a couple of days.. and of course, knowing lots of locals.. and making lots of friends, didn't have to sleep on the beach.. although have done that enough.. having a room to go to;-)) Enjoyin'!

Mentioned in this post
Agnondas Beach
Agnondas Beach
248 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
Loutraki
Loutraki
Corinthia Region, Greece
Hovolo Beach
Hovolo Beach
189 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
Limnonari Beach
Limnonari Beach
432 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
Stafylos
Stafylos
358 Reviews
Volos, Greece
somerset uk
Level Contributor
95 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Artemis bungalows Stafylos

thk u for a very informative reply cheers

martin

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Artemis bungalows Stafylos

..always a pleasure Martin;-) Enjoyin'!

8. Re: Artemis bungalows Stafylos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 05:16