We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel options from Thessaloniki to Volos

Which Skopelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
10 posts
Save Topic
Travel options from Thessaloniki to Volos

Dear Friends,

I am looking for information about travelling from Thessaloniki to Volos. What would be the cheapest and best journey in terms of money, comfort and time by Train, Bus or Ferry ?

Please send me your opinion I need to book tickets at the earliest.

Warm Regards

Arya

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Travel options from Thessaloniki to Volos

Hi Arya, this thread is about travel from Thessaloniki to Volos, and it is on the Sporades forum. You will get more answers if you post a new question on the Volos forum.

However I can tell you that there are no trains or ferries from Athens to Volos, you will need to get the bus which I think takes about 4 hours.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,272 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Travel options from Thessaloniki to Volos

There are trains to Volos from Athens, one direct IC each day. Otherwise you change at Larissa for the connecting service. It takes 4.5 - 5 hours and is a pleasant trip ...

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Travel options from Thessaloniki to Volos

..as 2bristolians mentions, this thread is about getting to Volos from Salonika.. posted in the Skopelos forum.. so if you're looking to get to Skopelos from Athens, there is no need to head all the way up to Volos (which is more convenient for those traveling down from Salonikia) where you can indeed take either a bus or the train!

From Athens, Aghios Constantinos is the closest Town where the port is for ferries over to Skopelos in Season (July in this case).. the KTEL bus from Athens takes about 3 hours with a stop en route to Aghios;-) Enjoyin'!

Edited: 02 June 2014, 15:53
Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Travel options from Thessaloniki to Volos

Thanks for the correction SL1, I didn't realise there was a train between Volos and Athens.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,272 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Travel options from Thessaloniki to Volos

Done it a few times. Even changing at Larissa is a piece of cake ...

16. Re: Travel options from Thessaloniki to Volos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 07:17