We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two weeks - can't wait

Which Skopelos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Crewe
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Two weeks - can't wait

Hi we are going to the Adrina spa resort for 2 weeks in two weeks time. Really looking forward to Skopelos, we have been to many Islands (Lesvos, Paxos, Patmos, Kelalonia, Alonissos, Symi and Samos) I wondered

1) how does Skopelos compare

And as we have a car and the evening meal is an important part of our holiday

2) where people say is a "must eat there"

Thanks in advance

Graham

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two weeks - can't wait

Hey and welcome Graham:-) All isles have their own unique vibe.. I've got about a couple dozen+ isles under my belt and quite honestly, Skopelos is one that has kept me coming back consistently:-) We are all different.. look for different things in out vacas.. this isle just grabbed me from the start with it's amazing crystal clear waters and wonderful locals;-) My first stay was only suppose to be a couple of days since I was basing in Skiathos.. ended up spending an entire month;-)

If you haven't already, take a look at www.skopelosweb.gr/ You are staying at a fabulous property.. I was at the original Adrina.. right next door.. for a few days and pretty much didn't leave, lol!! Spent laid back days at their pool and beach (which are steps from each other) and their café/bar/taverna right there by the pool.. magnificent;-) A short walk down the road will take you to Panormos beach.. where I basically base these days.. same magnificent waters.. and have frequented Asterias taverna there for years.. it's the last of 3 tavernas all sandwiched together smack ON the beach.. you'll see them coming around the bend with the amazing view of the bay! Kosta, the owner there, always has the freshest/best fare and is quite the cook.. give it a try:-) There are lots of places to chose from at Panormos.. another you may want to check out is *Blo*.. at the tail end.. past Asterias at Panormos.. and again smack on the beach;-)

With a car, you'll have the advantage of going wherever you want.. whenever you want;-) Check out Agnondas and the Oasis café there for snack right under the huge tree.. right next to the café are again 3 small tavernas all sandwiched together.. have been to all of them.. given the choice, the one in the middle would be my pick had I only one shot at the place;-)

In Skopelos Town, head all the way to the end of the waterfront (paralia) and just before the Church you'll find *Ta Kymata* (The Waves).. head inside and check out their open kitchen and what's on offer;-) My go-to place to feast when in Town packed with locals along with visitors.. always a good sign;-)

Adrina/Panormos is placed in about the middle of the isle.. with a car, it will take approx. 15-20 min to go in either direction.. in the other direction you'll be passing Glossa en route down to the fishing village of Loutraki! En route, making the turn at Glossa to head down.. right off the road and again, next to the Church there.. if you're yearning for some great BBQ, give it a try.. their chicken is often ordered by locals ahead of time and he can run out quickly;-)

Head all the way down to Loutraki where you'll find a number of cafes and tavernas as well.. head all the way down and make a right.. passing the Church.. smack on the waterfront is Flisvos.. where you can again dine waterside and check out what's on offer in their kitchen;-) Bottom line, you'll be hard-pressed to NOT find great food anywhere on the isle;-) You're heading to a gem of an isle.. am sure you will totally EnJOY!

Crewe
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two weeks - can't wait

Thanks for that Litsa!

I'm sure we will be trying them all.

Really looking forward to it.

Leaving food out of the equation what other

Places are musts to visit?

Thanks

Graham

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,368 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two weeks - can't wait

Not sure there are many must visit places - for us Skopelos has an atmosphere which just seems to envelop us as soon as we arrive. However many people do not bother to explore the backstreets of the town - just head up any of the little lanes from the harbour- beautifully kept houses, gorgeous flowers everywhere, tons of little churches, great views from the far end above the church. You can't get lost - just head downhill again. It can be hot during the day but in the evening when the ladies are sitting out on their steps chatting to each other and the lights are twinkling around the harbour , it's lovely.

Edited: 13 June 2014, 11:05
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two weeks - can't wait

My pleasure Graham:-) Have to agree with Chrissie H here in that the isle has a way of enveloping you.. beautifully said:-)

Take a look at that site I mentioned earlier.. the isle is blessed with some of the most gorgeous beaches like Stafylos, Mylies, Kastani, Panormos, Agnondas, Limnonari.. all worth a visit;-) A popular site on the isle is the Church of Aghios Giannis perched on high (Wedding scene from Mama Mia;-)

As rec'd, walk up from the harbor in Skopelos Town and get lost in the maze of whitewashed streets littered with color/flowers.. do same in Glossa that will offer some spectacular views from up high.. stop by the Old village of Klima;-) Keep Enjoyin'!

Crewe
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two weeks - can't wait

Sounds right up our street 😀

Many Thanks

Graham

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two weeks - can't wait

Always a pleasure Graham:-) Do hope you come back with a trip review and let us know how it goes?;-) Enjoyin'!

7. Re: Two weeks - can't wait

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 05:17