We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transportation from Volos Airport to Volos Port

Western Bohemia
2 posts
Save Topic
Public transportation from Volos Airport to Volos Port

Does anybody know the best way to get from Volos Airport to the City of Volos - Port of Volos? thank you very much.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transportation from Volos Airport to Volos Port

I'd say taxi is the best way. I dont think there is a bus service running between the airport and the city.

Western Bohemia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transportation from Volos Airport to Volos Port

Thanks for your answer. What' s the price about?

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transportation from Volos Airport to Volos Port

ddtemak is correct. Volos airport (Nea Anchialos) is a small military airport with rudimentary facilities for charter airlines (and now Ryanair). As the airport tends not to be used by locals, there's no bus service. Volos port will be a half hour drive. I'd guess around €25 for the fare.

capri
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transportation from Volos Airport to Volos Port

Thank you for the question!

I'm flying to Volos Airp. too ( end of May) and need to know exactly the same infos but I do thing my landing will be to late to take ferries to the islands.

Edited: 28 April 2010, 19:58
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transportation from Volos Airport to Volos Port

Hey honeycar:-) You'll find loads of hotels in/around the waterfront there close to the ticket agency..you shouldn't have a problem late May! Take a look at www.gtp.gr/ for ferry schedules to the Sporades! Have fun all..and EnjoY!

London
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transportation from Volos Airport to Volos Port

I'm hiring a car at Thessalonika airport in July & travelling round the Pelion but also wanted to go to Skopelos for a few days. I wondered if it would be safe to leave the car at Volos port for a few days or if it is possible to get a ferry from anywhere else in the Pelion.

Thanks

Bergamo, Italy
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Public transportation from Volos Airport to Volos Port

There is a public service manage by KTEL . It cost about 3 Euros from the airport to the bus terminal in Volos.

Here the link for the timetable

www.ktelvolou.gr/dromologia_air_xeim.html

8. Re: Public transportation from Volos Airport to Volos Port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2011, 05:15