We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train frm copenhagen to herning!!

india
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
train frm copenhagen to herning!!

we a group of 8 persons(aged 17-24)from india will be landing at copenhagen airport(CPH) on 28th july 09:50 by swiss airlines to attend a convocation in:

Agro Centre,Hammerum Hovedgade 7,Hammerum,7400 Herning...we wanted to know a couple of things

1)name of both railway stations (nearest to airport and to destination) and approximate distances.

2)safe time to be alloted after clearance at the airport to book the train.

3)is there any kind of reduction for group of 8 persons...if there is how to avail them??

4)how early to book these tickets......

i referred to rejseplanen.dk

Beccles, UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train frm copenhagen to herning!!

Hi.

I recently bought tickets on the DSB site (Danish railways - the one you've already looked at I think) for early August from a little further north of Herning to Copenhagen. So you can clearly book them now - and then print your tickets at home.

On the DSB site you need to go from Kastrup Lufthavn (put Kastrup in and it will give you options) to Herning st. (again, Herning will give you the option of st - which seems to be what DSB use as an abbreviation for stattion!). Kastrup lufthavn is the airport railway station so it's right there from what I can see.

On the 28th there is an intercity that leaves at 10:40 and gets in to Herning at 14:34. I imagine you might need to leave more time to clear customs and collect bags and everything else! But about 4 hours to Herning once you're out of the airport is about right.

Hammerum seems to be about 6 minutes from Herning by train. It looks like there are very regular trains from Herning to Hammerum.

In terms of group booking I don't know. Because you're under 25 you might be able to get a DSB Wildcard - I think you'd be best off e-mailing the DSB direct to get the full details. Almost everyone in Denmark speaks excellent English!

Have fun. Denmark is a very lovely place.

The DSB journey planner in English is at www.dsb.dk/Rejseplan/bin/query.exe/en… if you haven't found it yet.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train frm copenhagen to herning!!

DSB Wildcard is NO option. When bought on the net it costs DKK 180 and gives you up to 50% discount.

The regular price for one-way ticket Copenhagen Airport to Herning is DKK 311.

Hans

india
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: train frm copenhagen to herning!!

ok wat is this wild card???....plus why do u say i shud book to herning st....coz i also saw one hammerum st....can u verify if it's d xact place wer i hve to go as per d address given above.

india
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: train frm copenhagen to herning!!

ok fine suppose i booked a ticket for me and the others comin along wid me n i missed the train due to some delay in d flight or anything(assume)...then wat shud i do??...is der any value for tat ticket then once i hve missed that train???

india
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: train frm copenhagen to herning!!

the site dsb.dk is TOTALLY CONFUSING......can u please provide the details of wild card ...it seems there is no english conversion for tat part of the site...it wud be much apperciated if u cud help me out.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: train frm copenhagen to herning!!

Wild Card is for youth up 25 to obtain discounts on travel, but look my previous post.

If you book online and print the ticket, it's lost if you miss your train.

You better contact:

DSB Customer Centre

+45 70 13 14 15. Welcome message in English. English speaking staff. Here you can book or buy tickets, get information about train services or other information about DSB.

salginfo@dsb.dk: For train tickets in Denmark

That's also where you can book group travels.

Hans

india
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: train frm copenhagen to herning!!

didnt get you...what were you advising??......that we should or shouldn't go for wild card while bookin our trains.....

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: train frm copenhagen to herning!!

Do NOT buy Wild Card. It costs more than you can save.

Hans

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: train frm copenhagen to herning!!

If your are fast and comfortable with booking online (selfprint tcket) on a site that is in Danish ONLY, you can still buy "orange" ticket at DKK 219 + DKK 20 for seat reservation. Kastrup Lufthavn -> Herning st dep. 11:40. The ticket is non refundable.

Hans

10. Re: train frm copenhagen to herning!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 11:19