We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Copenhagen to Sønderborg

Ottawa, Canada
6 posts
Save Topic
Train from Copenhagen to Sønderborg

My family is heading over to Denmark next week. We will spend a few days in Copenhagen before heading down to the Sønderborg area to visit family.

We're trying to book train tickets but the system is telling us there are no direct trains, which I expected because I always remember changing trains somewhere, mostly in Tinglev. But I always remember taking a regional train from the transfer point to Sønderborg. Now it appears that we have to take a bus that last part of the trip.

Jeg taler og læser dansk but is there something I'm not seeing on the DSB website or the rejseplanen.dk website? I'm searching using the Copenhagen main train station and the Sønderborg train station.

Thanks in advance.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Copenhagen to Sønderborg

Hi,

Until 6th August the usual IC trains from Copenhagen to Sønderborg terminate in Tinglev. They are laying new rails between Tinglev and Sønderborg this summer, so you will have to go by bus from Tinglev to Sønderborg.

www.bane.dk/visNyhed.asp?artikelID=10366

Hans

Ottawa, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Copenhagen to Sønderborg

Tak for det! Thanks. We'll book the train-bus combination and meet the family in Sønderborg. Glad to hear they are laying new tracks.

It will just be another part of the adventure for my 3 year old niece.

3. Re: Train from Copenhagen to Sønderborg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2010, 05:16