We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten-free in Denmark

NW Indiana
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten-free in Denmark

Hi all! My family and I will travel to Denmark this summer and I was curious if any stores carry gluten-free products. What about restaurants? I'm a bit worried, but have heard that Danes are very health conscious and it should be no problem. Anyone here that is gluten-free and has traveled to Denmark? Thanks so much!

Copenhagen, Denmark
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten-free in Denmark

Hi, I live in Denmark and it is not as easy as in Canada (I don't no about the US) to get special glutenfree meals in restaurants. I often just get a salad or a burger without the bread.

A quite limited variety of glutenfree products are available from very specific supermarkets and it depends on the specific store. At Rema 1000 you find GF pasta and flour. At Superbest a small selection of GF bread, biscuits, pasta, flour, snacks. At small health stores, a few GF products depending on what the stock. At Kvickly some Schar products. There are two bakeries I know of that have a very small selection of GF. There are two restaurants that I know of that have raw food that is all GF: Paleo and Raw42. I hope that helps!

All in all...you really have to know where to go and hunt it down!

Holstebro, Denmark
Level Contributor
180 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten-free in Denmark

Bilka & Kvickly have breads, rolls, etc

My sister in law from Scotland needs gluten free, contact restaurants in plenty of time. Most will discuss it with you:-)

3. Re: Gluten-free in Denmark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2014, 04:15