We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling by road fro Vejby, Denmark to Stromstad at Sweden

Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling by road fro Vejby, Denmark to Stromstad at Sweden

We are from India, where right hand driving is the rule. We have planned a trip in a time share resort at Vejby, Denmark from 7th to 14th September 2013 and then proceed to another resort at Stromsat, Sweden from 14th to 21st September and return back to Copenhagen airport to come back to India.

We have decided to hire a car at Copenhagen airport and proceed to Vejby resort and drive around locally for 7 days.

There 2 ways of going to SAtromstad from Vejby.

1. Drive to Copenhagen airport(75 Km) and take a flight to Oslo and again hire a car to drive to Stromstad(180KM) and return on the same route.

2. Alternatively, drive from Vejby direct to Stromsatd (420KM) and return to Copenhagen driving back on 21st.

The option 1 is less risky (left hand driving in highway for 5 hours is rather adventureous, but far more expensive due ti airfare as well as higher car hire rate at Oslo.

Could any body advise me on which option we should take? Obviously, we will like to save money if we can, but will not like to take too much risk with our life and safety.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,693 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling by road fro Vejby, Denmark to Stromstad at Sweden

I don´t have a car myself, but´overall traffic in Denmark - and even more so in Sweden - is quite calm. Also, road conditions are very good and predictable; you will be driving on motorways for most of the time. So taking the expensive solution with an airplane etc. to save only some of the km doesn´t seem necessary at all, I think ...

Edited: 15 June 2013, 09:09
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,693 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling by road fro Vejby, Denmark to Stromstad at Sweden

In your budget you should of course calculate with gas expenses (currently it´s DKK 11:50 - 12:25 per litre in Denmark) and the ferry cost Helsingør - Helsingborg to Sweden from Denmark (operated by Scandlines).

3. Re: Travelling by road fro Vejby, Denmark to Stromstad at Sweden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 05:17