We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Copenhagen?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
289 posts
334 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from Copenhagen?

Can I get from Copenhagen to Aero and back in one day? I am a very experienced traveler and don't care if it will be rushed, I just want to make sure there is time to get there, bike around, and get back at night. Is it faster by train or car?

11 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen?

Hi,

Transport by train/bus/ferry will take about 4 hours each way.

http://www.rejseplanen.dk/

By car you can drive to Svendborg in about 2h00-2h15. The ferry from Svendborg to Aero takes 1h15.

Hans

Edited: 01 June 2010, 20:49
Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen?

Hello, my question to sandi of London is...did you do the day trip from Copenhagen to Aero, and if so, was it worth it? I am in the process of planning a trip to Denmark and other areas of Scandinavia for next summer, and a trip to Aero was on my list of things to do. However, car rental sounds exorbitant and the train, bus, ferry routine sounds complicated, especially if one is lugging around luggage. We may just decide to do some day trips from Copenhagen, but I'm curious as to the best places to go. I hate to miss Aero if it's a "must see".

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

LinKay

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
289 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen?

I was not able to do it when I was there, weather wasn't the most agreeable. Sorry - let me know if you do...

Herlev, Denmark
Level Contributor
245 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen?

@LinKay

In my opinion Aero is not worth visiting. I mean Aeroekobing is really cosy with its half-timbered houses in the cobble stoned streets, but spending a small fortune on a ferry ticket should be reconsidered, unless thats reason for going. Instead of Aero I would personally spend my time on the island of Bornholm, where you'll also have the opportunity of quaint villages and some of the most beautifull landscapes you'll find in DK, and I believe most Danes would agree with me on that one.

Lars

Odense, Denmark
Level Contributor
91 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen?

Ærø is absolutely worth seeing. But considering the price and time it will take to travel there from Copenhagen its not suitable for a day trip in my opinion. Transportation will most likely run up to little less than 200 dollars a person for train, bus and ferry. Choose to stay some days there or in nearby Svendborg.

If price is not a problem, consider flying. Ærø has a small airport and its own flight company, Starling Air. It has daily flights to and from Ringsted not far from Copenhagen. One way is around 220 dollars.

More information here: http://www.starling.dk/rutetaxa.shtml

California
Level Contributor
16 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen?

Is that 200 krone or 200 US dollars? we are trying to go to aero for one night in beginning of May and trying to budget for it. I found other reviews that the ferry portion of the trip is about $30 US dollars, but not sure about the trip from Copenhagen to Svenborg. thanks for your help!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen?

Ordinary one-way train ticket from Copenhagen to Svendborg costs DKK 328. Ordinary return ticket for the ferry is DKK 199, but until 31.05.2013 you can get special returns for DKK 130.

You can plan your journey here: http://www.rejseplanen.dk/

Hans

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen?

Hello, I'm flying into Copenhagen and then have to go to Aero. I see I need a train, then bus, then ferry? Does anyone know if you can buy tickets right when you get there or if it has to be in advance? And how much it is per person roundtrip?

I also hear it is hard to use credit cards in Denmark? Is this true for most of you? I have Visa and Amex that I use the most.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen?

You don't need to buy tickets in advance. Price depends on your exact route.

VISA is widely accepted in Denmark.

Hans

Palmyra...
Level Contributor
2 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day trip from Copenhagen?

We spent a day in Aeroskobing as part of a week in Denmark. We spent 2 nights in Odense, and took the train & ferry to Aeroskobing as a day trip. The train/ferry trip is very convenient; there is about a 10 minute break between them, so it's hard to miss the connection.. Aeroskobing is just beautiful. We strolled for a few hours, ate a delicious meal, and took the relaxing ferry/train trip back to Odense. Odense is also a perfect start for a day trip to Egeskov Castle & Gardens. Odense itself has H.C. Andersen's Museum and some other great attractions. A nice break, and a different atmosphere than Copenhagen.

Reply to: Day trip from Copenhagen?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted