We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for trains and buses

London, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice for trains and buses

Advice please re. travelling from Aarhus airport to Aalborg.

Arriving Wednesday January 18th. at about 10am.. I understand there is a bus into town, then a train to Aalborg.

My flight back from Aarhus is at 9.30am. on Sunday January 22nd..

Is there a train and bus early enough from Aalborg to get me there in time?

Thank you.

London, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Advice for trains and buses

thanks, that sounds like it might be the answer.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,868 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Advice for trains and buses

It might be slightly faster (depending on when exactly the OP arrives) but it's not cheaper. Bus to Vejle is about 67 DKK (from memory) and train to Aalborg is 275 DKK so 329 DKK total. Bus to Aarhus is 180 DKK (not 120 as you mentioned earlier) + 175 for train to Aalborg so 355 DKK total. Also, the OP would have to find his way from Musikhuset to Aarhus train station in Aarhus.

Edited: 27 December 2011, 18:28
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,868 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Advice for trains and buses

Actually, train from Vejle to Aalborg is only 262 DKK.

Edited: 27 December 2011, 19:28
London, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Advice for trains and buses

Thank you for this excellent advice. I am now much wiser!

Actually, my main concern is when arriving, but this has really helped put my mind at rest.

On Friday, returning, the gig organizer has kindly offered to run me back as far as Vejle.

London, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Advice for trains and buses

Can I just confirm that my plans will be as hoped for this week?

Arriving Billund from Stansted (Ryanair) this Wednesday morning (Jan.18) at 09.10. I then intend to catch a bus from Billund airport to Vejle (are these buses very regular?) and then a train to Aalborg.

I cannot seem to find a timetable for these trains and buses.

Could anyone enlighten me, please?

I return on Friday -20- (my flight from Billund to Stansted is at 19.10, but someone is giving me a lift from Billund to Vejle in the afternoon).

Thank you.

16. Re: Advice for trains and buses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2013, 10:23