We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Esbjerg mini cruise

Which Esbjerg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
7 posts
Save Topic
Esbjerg mini cruise

We are going on the DFDS mini cruise to Esbjerg next week and only have 5 hours in Esbjerg.

Thought of visiting the maritime and fisheries museum and was looking for some advise about transport to and from the port. Can we get a bus there and how frequent they are.

Also if anyone has experience of the crossing at this time of year and could advise if it is likely to be choppy or not it would be helpful. ( Need to know whether to book dinner or not!)

Thanks

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Esbjerg mini cruise

You can walk up to the city centre and take city bus # 6 to the museum.

Hans

London
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Esbjerg mini cruise

I thought I would post some feedback after taking the cruise.

From check in at Harwich to all the staff on board, they couldn't have been nicer, more efficient and friendly. We ate in the 7 seas buffet restaurant for our evening meals. It is a little on the pricey side, but no more expensive than any other ferry company. The food was excellent. We don't eat meat and asked for a vegetarian option. The chef came specially to offer to make something for us, which was equally as good as all the other food. There was a big choice of fish, shell fish and hot and cold meats. There was also a hot vegi option.

If you don't want the buffet there is also a steak restaurant and a cafe where you can get sandwiches and snack meals. Again, it's not cheap, but they don't have much competition!

The crossing was very smooth, we hardly noticed the boat moving. I suppose that is just luck with the weather.

Our time is Esjberg was great, we went to the maritime museum as planned. We got the buses there and took a slow but very pleasant walk back.

We had a wonderful time and would recommend DFDS to anyone.

I would say all the staff went overboard to ensure we had a good time, but I'm not sure that's the correct expression to use whilst on a boat!

3. Re: Esbjerg mini cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2017, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Esbjerg