We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Louisiana Museum and Kronborg Castle

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
287 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Louisiana Museum and Kronborg Castle

Hi there

I am thinking about doing a day trip from Copenhagen to Louisiana Museum and Kronborg Castle, and have a couple of questions.

I will be traveling with a 6 year old (who can be a little slow when walking)and my sister who has a painful foot, so is struggling to walk long distances at the moment.

So, my questions are:

1. Is it achievable to see both attractions in one day?

2. Does it make better sense to do them in any particular order?

3. According to Google Maps it is about a 1km walk from Helsingor train station to Kronborg Castle. Is this correct, and i if so, it possible to get a cab to the entrance of the castle, or any other way to avoid having to walk that far?

Thanks,

Cassie

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Kronborg Castle
Kronborg Castle
2,437 Reviews
Helsingoer, Denmark
4 replies to this topic
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Louisiana Museum and Kronborg Castle

Yes, you can see both attractions in a day.

You can take a bus (388) between Louisiana and Helsingør. That might be a good idea, since there is also a 15 minutes walk between Louisiana and Humlebæk station.

There is also a bus you can take a few stops between Hesingør station and Kronborg.

Check www.journeyplanner.dk for public transport connections.

It might be an idea to get the Copenhagen Card which includes all public transportation you will need as well as entry at both attractions

Mentioned in this post
Restaurant Kronborg
Restaurant Kronborg
381 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
287 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Louisiana Museum and Kronborg Castle

Thank you, Frederick.

I will have a look at those bus options.

And yes- I will be getting a 120 hour Copenhagen Card, which I have checked will provide good value as well as convenience, especially as it will also includes admission for my 6 year old (where there is a cost for child admission).

Cassie

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Hazelbrook...
Level Contributor
108 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Louisiana Museum and Kronborg Castle

We took our 8 year old to both the Louisiana and Kronborg in one day with a rental car. The 8 year old loved the sculpture and out door art and grounds and beach at the Louisiana and Krongborg had lots of fun activities and tours that kids can enjoy. It may sound crazy but could you rent bikes and use the trains.

Mentioned in this post
Restaurant Kronborg
Restaurant Kronborg
381 Reviews
Copenhagen, Denmark
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
6,743 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Louisiana Museum and Kronborg Castle

Besides the grounds, there´s a nice cafe with outdoor terrace in the Louisiana museum, convenient for breaks.

Reply to: Day trip to Louisiana Museum and Kronborg Castle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted