We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ticket check on the train everyday?

Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
ticket check on the train everyday?

Is there a ticket check on the train everyday? I came from the airport and the train ticket machines were down so they tols us to ride the train without the ticket. I have copenhagen card but since that's what she said didn't write the time of first use. While on the train the ticket person told me that I still had to write the time of first use even though I didn't have to technically use it. Am I able to rewrite the time on the card?

1 reply
Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
794 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ticket check on the train everyday?

If all ticket machines were down, i guess they make an exception for passengers from the airport. You should never had shown your Copenhagen card to the train crew. You should just tell them that the machines were down and that you were told to ride anyway.

Changing the date or time of the Copenhagen card will make it completely invalid.

I guess there are train crew on all trains but when riding from Sweden I've experienced ticket checks on less than half of the times and then often between Sweden and Denmark. So I guess you've got on a train that starts at the airport, and then I guess they check more often between the airport and Copenhagen.

Mentioned in this post
Copenhagen
Copenhagen
Zealand, Denmark
Sweden
Sweden
Europe
Denmark
Denmark
Europe
Reply to: ticket check on the train everyday?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted