We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Lego in Copenhagen

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Buying Lego in Copenhagen

My 9 year old son is obsessed with Lego and can't wait to go to the country where Lego comes from (he knows we are visiting on a cruise and can't go to Legoland). He can't wait to see if it's different kinds from the Lego sold in the US (he saw different sets at Heathrow last year). Is there a store that sells Lego in Copenhagen?

Thank you in advance.

Eileen

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Lego in Copenhagen

I think your son is going to be a bit disapointed.

As far as I can tell the only Lego store in all of Copenhagen is at the airport - be sure to stop before you go and get your luggage.

Other than that your best bet would be visiting toy stores.

All of those have Lego sections. There's a toy store right on the main shopping street Strøget, there's one across from the department store Magasin.

They are part of the same chain and may have the same stuff.

In the department store Magasin there's a selection of toys and they have Lego I am sure. I believe it's a Hamley's store.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Lego in Copenhagen

I found the bag from my parent's trip that they brought back Lego for my older son (younger son wasn't born yet). It was a BR toy store I think in Copenhagen. My parents said they had a large selection of Lego and my dad took a picture of the store sign.

Thank you for the information. My son loved Hamley's at Heathrow last year. Thankfully we had many hours in the airport to keep him busy and Hamley's did the trick.

Eileen

Copenhagen Denmark
Destination Expert
for Copenhagen
Level Contributor
572 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Lego in Copenhagen

Hi,

you will find BR toy stores on Strøget and Købmagergade in Central Copenhagen. The one on Strøget near Rådhuspladsen is the biggest., you should go for that one, or the lovely Hamleys in Magasin (I prefer Hamleys!).

I am sorry to have to agree with former poster - you should warn your son that he is not going to find very large selections - it is a mystery why there are no Lego stores in Copenhagen. I guess the Toys R Us will provide larger selections, but they are located in department stores outside the city center, so don't know if you have the time to go for one of those, considering that you are on a cruise... how long time do you have?

Katrine

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
66 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying Lego in Copenhagen

Actually there is a Toys'R'Us in the Fields mall. Take the 26 bus from Langelinje cruise harbor to Nørreport Station, change to the Metro line M1 in direction Vestamager and it's the stop after the Bella Center station - the second to last station if I remember correctly. Fields is right next to the Metro station, and the Toys'R'Us store is on the ground floor.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
46 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying Lego in Copenhagen

Was in Copenhagen airport over the weekend, the lego store is a fair size so you should find a good selection there.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying Lego in Copenhagen

Thank you everyone for your answers. We are coming into Copenhagen on a cruise ship so a trip to the airport is out of the question.

I will visit the two toy stores in Copenhagen. For my son it is more a matter of "I got lego in Denmark" than about what sets they have. He knows that the non-US Lego is different so that's all he wants, something different which should be easy to find even if the selection is limited. It's too bad Legoland is so far away from Copenhagen.

Eileen

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying Lego in Copenhagen

Leenie,

There is a Lego Land in Carlsbad, north of San Diego.

8. Re: Buying Lego in Copenhagen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 01:16