We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen, Denmark

Naples, fl.
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Copenhagen, Denmark

I am leaving for a cruise to the Baltics and will be arriving in Copenhagen around 7:30 AM

My cruise does not leave until after 6PM. How far is the airport from the pier? Is there anywhere you can leave your luggage to you can do some sightseeing???? On return trip most of the airlines leave around ll or ll:30 AM. Is there enough time to make a flight at that time after

disembarking from ship??????

Can you pick up a tour easily for the few house we will be there and see some highlights??????

Plan on leaving the first week in Sept.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Cynthia Guarneri

Naples,Fl. cguarneri3@comcast.net

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,603 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi Cynthia;

First...NEVER post your email address on the internet. Posting your full name, city / state and email address is an even BIGGER no-no !

This forum is for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site itself. I would suggest before posting in any forum to read the "sticky" at the top of the forum’s page, if there is one. The sticky will explain the focus / purpose of the forum and other important details.

For questions about traveling to specific destinations, you can use the destination forums. The Copenhagen forum is;

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g189541-Copenhagen…

Best Regards

Naples, fl.
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Copenhagen, Denmark

Thanks for the info. This is my first time seeking info from forum in regard to Copenhagen travel plans.

A friend I traveled with to Austria used one of the forum and the info was very helpful in our travel.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
3. Re: Copenhagen, Denmark

Cynthia,

Thanks for posting your question and welcome to the TripAdvisor forums.

I'm moving this to the correct forum. I hope you get the answers you need.

Good luck!

Barbara-

Naples, fl.
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Copenhagen, Denmark

Thanks for the help.

cguarneri

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Copenhagen, Denmark

i'm curious about your same questions, did you get any replies? Im taking the same cruise, but leaving June 15 and want to find out as much as I can before I leave!! Let me know if anyone replied to you.

thanks so much!

Naples, fl.
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Copenhagen, Denmark

I am sorry to say, I did not receive any replies to my questions. I am starting to do my research and if I find any answers I will be happy to forward them to you.

cguarneri

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Copenhagen, Denmark

Here are some of the answers to your questions:

The airport is about 10 kilometers from the airport.

Easiest thing to do is ride the train to Copenhagen Central. It takes 13-15 minutes, is safe, clean and efficient.

A ticket costs 31,50 dkr.

At Copenhagen Central you can store your luggage.

Then you can explore Copenhagen. If the weather is nice I suggest going on a harbour/canal tour.

You'll see most of the highlights and get the layout of the city.

If the weather is not for boating there are tour busses hop-on-hop off leaving from Rådhuspladsen - which is close to the train station.

Now I can not tell you if you have enough time to get from the cruise ship to the airport.

But if you go to www.cruiscritic.com and ask the question there you'll get an accurat answer.

Here are links for the canal tours:

http://www.netto-baadene.dk/

www.canaltours.dk/DCT/DA/GuidedSightSeeing/

This is the bus tour:

http://www.sightseeing.dk/

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
51 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Copenhagen, Denmark

thank you so much for such good information! But I have to ask you to clarify...Is there a train that travels from the airport to the cruise ship?

Thanks again...

Karen

Naples, fl.
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Copenhagen, Denmark

Andreadoria56

Your name brought back memories of my childhood.

I went to the port in New York to see off relatives and view the ship. That was when you as a non passenger could get on a ship with passengers to see the ship they would be sailing on to Italy.

Thank you very much for all the info.

Now I just have to navigate thru the web sites.

I also picked up from AAA a map of the Baltic states but it was to vague.

Thanks again.

cguarneri

10. Re: Copenhagen, Denmark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 14:18