We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phone cards?

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Phone cards?

Though I'd prefer renting a cell phone during my short stay in Copenhagen, I don't seem to be able to locate a supplier to rent a phone. Therefore, I may need to use public phones. Do public phones still accept coins, or are phone cards needed? Last time I was in Copenhagen, I needed to make a call, and at this particular train station, the phone did not accept coins, so I had to purchase a phone card to make just one call. Is there a better way? To be honest, I've not used a phone card in a long time, is there a recommended card that I should purchase for use while in CPH? I don't expect to make many calls, probably just two, maybe 5 at the most. Thanks

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,558 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phone cards?

This is what the official tourist informations has to say on the subject:

visitdenmark.com/usa/…telephones.htm

About rental this is the only information I can find and I know nothing about the business:

altelphonerental.com/coverage/…denmark.html

I assume you are sure your cell phone wouldn't work in Denmark with a prepaid sim card bought here.

2. Re: Phone cards?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2010, 06:19