We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noma Reservation Query

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Topic
Noma Reservation Query

Hello everyone

Planning a city-break to Copenhagen in early 2011. No doubt as planning progresses I will inundate you all with queries - but am currently enjoying checking over previous threads for general hints and tips.

Would love to be able to secure table at Noma. Their website is a little vague regarding bookings ".... On Monday 1st November we start taking table reservations for February......"

Can I assume that on 1st November reservations will be for 1st February; 2nd November will be for 2nd Feb...... and so on?

Would love to surprise my hubbie with the reservation (a Christmas present) as it's one of the restaurants on his "I want to eat in" list! He's a bit of a foodie!

I have contemplated phoning them for clarification, but thought my Danish TA colleagues may be able to help!

Please and thanks :-)

Grand Day Trip around Copenhagen
173 reviews
from US$172.80*
Copenhagen Card
638 reviews
from US$65.90*
Copenhagen Food Tour
179 reviews
from US$144.00*
Copenhagen Small Group Bike Tour
65 reviews
from US$60.00*
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Noma Reservation Query

Hi,

Your assumption is correct. You need to book asap after they open the bookings (10:00 Danish time).

Hans

Edited: 23 September 2010, 10:40
Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Noma Reservation Query

Thanks Hans

Better make sure to have my finger on the buttons so!

Ohio
Level Contributor
448 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Noma Reservation Query

Hey, "Little Pumpkin"...what a small world. Just opened the trip advisor forum site for Denmark for the 1st time this afternoon as we will be visiting our son & family in in Sweden in May or June 2011 for 3-4 weeks. We always take a side trip in the middle of the visit, when we are there. Have been to Finland and Norway on other visits and this time, we are contemplating Denmark or Estonia as our side trip. So, just starting to see what each country is like and to which we might enjoy more. I also will be looking back at several threads. Checking out Estonia's trip advisor forum too. Have a great time planning!

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Noma Reservation Query

SINIA....!!

What a small cyber world - this Trip Advisor place is!! Hope all is well with you and yours.

Wait until I hit the Ohio forum for our contemplated side trip from Canada later in 2011 ;-)

(sorry folks for the side-chat but Sinia is one of my special TA Friends and we have shared both wonderful and sad TA Moments)

Edited: 23 September 2010, 20:32
London, UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Noma Reservation Query

Hi LittlePumpkin,

Did you manage to secure a booking at Noma? If so, how straight forward as it?

Thanks in advance

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Noma Reservation Query

Messed it up Chrishow

From my understanding from their website at the time (and endorsement of same by Hans), I needed to book on (eg) 10th Dec for 10th March, and so on. However when I went to book for my specific dates, their booking system appeared to have changed and we couldnt secure a table - either lunch or dinner - for the 4 days we will be in Copenhagen. Their current arrangement is outlined here http://www.noma.dk/main.php?lang=en - Bookings open on 17th January 2011 for "April" and so forth. We are now on their waiting list for cancellations - but I dont hold out much hope.

Disappointed to say the least as Noma was one of the main reasons for planning a visit to Copenhagen (hubbie is a bit of a foodie) - but I'm sure we will have a great time anyhow.

Will be back on the forum over the weekend with my alternatives to see if anyone can offer any recommendations on same - know that hubbie has one chosen in Malmo but can't think of the name of it right now. Better get them booked to avoid disappointment - so thanks for your prompt!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
223 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Noma Reservation Query

so sorry that you did not get a table for Noma - it is really difficult especially since they won the Pellegrino award for best restaurant. If you have not gone to DK just yet, there is another restaurant that might be of interest. The head chef of restaurant Geranium just won gold in the Bocuse D'or, which makes him among the best chefs in the world. I don't know how easy it is to get a table but it might be worth a try: http://www.geranium.dk/#/en/welcome

Also if you are in Copenhagen between the 14. - 19. of February there is Copenhagen Dining which means that a lot of good restaurants offer a three course meal for 200 dk kr http://www.diningweek.dk/

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
639 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Noma Reservation Query

I saw in the news the other day that Geranium has three full time employees now just to answer phone calls. Don't expect it to be easy to get a table there!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Noma Reservation Query

Just a curiosity.

The chef from Geranium - Rasmus Kofoed - that won gold at Bocuse d'Or does not eat his own food. He has been a vegetarian from childhood.

Hans

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
639 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Noma Reservation Query

Not true, Hans.

Rasmus Kofoed eats fish. Vegetarians don't. He also ate lamb once every week for the last eight months, as lamb was one of the courses in the Bocuse d'Or.