We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

city pass or copenhagen card or neither?!

aberdeen
Level Contributor
403 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
city pass or copenhagen card or neither?!

I am in Copenhagen from 10th March 1pm and depart 13th around 3pm.

I am not sure on whether to purchase copenhagen card or a city pass for travel to/from airport or neither?!

I am hoping to see the following while in copenhagen

Amalienborg

Rosenborg

Round Tower

Little Mermaid

National Museum

Carlsberg Brewery

Canal trip

I have been checking the metro site and I think that it is 34DKK for trip from airport into copenhagen.I am staying at the clarion mayfair hotel so hopefully I will be quite central to everything and won't need public transport for my sightseeing

Would any pass/card work out to save me money or should I just pay for each item as I go?

Any advice greatfully received

Chicago
Level Contributor
76 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: city pass or copenhagen card or neither?!

Denmark is very expensive (probably the most expensive place I have ever visited in Europe). If you are going into a lot of paying attractions, get a card.

You don't need a city pass to travel from the Airport. It is fairly reasonable if you take public transportation (Metro or Bus).

Edited: 19 February 2011, 18:19
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: city pass or copenhagen card or neither?!

Doubtful whether cOPENhagen CARD will be good value for you.

Amalienborg - entrance DKK 66 if you want to visit Christian VIII's palace - the change of guards is free.

Rosenborg - entrance DKK 75

Round Tower - entrance DKK 25

Little Mermaid - free

National Museum - free

Carlsberg Brewery - not included - entrance is DKK 65

Canal trip - not included

The metro will not be of much use to you as it is not going anywhere near your hotel. From/to the airport use the train to Central Station. Then it's only a short walk to your hotel. The trip from/to the airport increased to DKK 36 from 18 January.

It will also be handy for you to take a bus to/from Carlsberg and to/from Kongens Nytorv/Nyhavn. A single bus ride costs DKK 24.

IMO a 72 hours CityPass - DKK 180 - will be of good value for you.

Hans

aberdeen
Level Contributor
403 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: city pass or copenhagen card or neither?!

Hans

Thank you very much for your detailed information.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
403 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: city pass or copenhagen card or neither?!

Can the city pass be used for the train journey from the airport into central station? I was reading this notice on the information about the city pass

Notice

•Your City Pass is valid for all journeys on the Metro, bus, S-trains etc. within the zones 1-4 in Copenhagen

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: city pass or copenhagen card or neither?!

Yes, the CityPass can be used for trains, buses and metro from the airport to the city centre. The airport is in zone 4. City centre is in zone 1.

Hans

Flagler Beach...
Level Contributor
10 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: city pass or copenhagen card or neither?!

Someone who lives in Copenhagen and is very helpful answering questions posted on the Cruise Critic Baltic Message Boards reported that as of April 1, 2011 the DFDS Canal boats are included FREE with the Copenhagen Card. This is the posting, translated nto English from Danish on the Copenhan Card site:

Rebates

- Per 1/4-2011 trip is free for holders of "Copenhagen Card" card.

Edited: 02 April 2011, 20:43
7. Re: city pass or copenhagen card or neither?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 10:17